21

Shawn's POV

*w a r n i n g : s m u t*

I bounce my leg up and down as I sit on my bed.

I look back down at my phone.

Think of it as a promise.

The threat echos in my mind, causing a tornado of thoughts to spin wildly, damaging the rest of the peaceful ones in the back of my mind. Peaceful ones of Lacey. And muffins.

So you're saying if I don't stay away from her... You'll kill us both?

B: Close enough.

What? Close enough to what?

B: What I was thinking.

And... What were you thinking, exactly?

B: What I'll do to you both of you don't stop seeing each other. C'mon. You don't love her anyway.

Anger blooms in my chest. I won't let anything happen to her. I can't. I wouldn't ever smile for the cameras again if something were to happen to her.

Ever.

She won't go for it. She won't believe me.

B: So make it beliveable.

I don't reply to her and scream in frustration, throwing my phone at the wall opposite from me.

I get up and angrily pace back and forth in my room. I pick up my phone that only had a slight crack in it and text Lacey.

I'm coming over.

L: My friend just left.

Perfect. See you in 2.

I tug on my nikes and unzip my sweatshirt. It's too hot.

I charge down the stairs and out the door, racing to her front step.

I pound on the door, breathing heavily from being so angry.

She opens up the door, a shocked look on her beautiful face. Her dark hair is draped over her shoulders and her big brown eyes look confused. I eye her thin pink lips and they begin to take a better interest in me as I smash my own lips onto hers.

I place my hands in the crook of her neck on both sides and deepen the kiss.

This kiss was like no other.

No girl competes with this one.

No kiss I've ever had with Lacey can ever compare. No kiss I've ever had with anyone can ever compare. Although all of them with Lacey were amazing, this topped them all.

I slide my tongue into her mouth and she grips my shirt when she puts her arms around me.

I suck on her upper lip and then trace my tongue on the bottom one.

This kiss, by far, is the most passionate.

I'm so angry. I'm so sad. I can't breathe. She makes me happy. She makes me crazy. She's so beautiful. I love her. She makes me insane. I love her.

She pulls away and takes a deep breath. "What was that for? Why were you pounding on the door? What's wrong? Is everyth-"

I interrupt her by smashing my lips back onto hers. "Stop talking."

I wrap my arms around her waist and lead her into the foyer, closing the door behind me and locking it, not daring to break the kiss.

She backs up into the staircase and trips, landing on the stairs.