Chapter Three: You're what?

Neither of them said anything, it was like we were frozen in place. The expression on Dean's face was impossible to read. Sam let go of me and I bent over taking in greedy breaths of air. I looked from one of them to the other. Finally, Dean said something.

"You're my what?" He looked at me with the exact expression I give people when I think they are full of shit.

"Daughter. I am your daughter." I repeated. Dean shook his head in response to the answer. Sam still stood totally dumbfounded watching the two of us.

"There is no way I have a kid." said Dean.

"Well looks like you're wrong, because you do." I said, folding my arms across my chest. The sun had now set and the only light we had was the full moon in the sky. Behind Dean I saw a flash of movement, barely visible in the dark, but it was definitely a human form.

"What are you looking at?" asked Sam looking in the direction I was.

"I swear I just saw something move back there." I replied not taking my eyes off the spot. Dean put his hand on my shoulder.

"Look kid, go home. Nice try but you should really go before things-" A screech tore down the wash ahead of us cutting Dean off. '"Damn it!" said Dean. He turned to both of us, "We can't hunt with her here." He pointed at me, "We'll come back, it's not safe for her." I looked at Dean in shock.

"Women in white don't usually harm girls." said Sam. I saw another flash of movement out of the corner of my eye. I whipped my head in that direction, that's when I saw her. She was wearing a hospital gown with long gold hair falling around her face. Her eyes looked so sad, like the type of sadness that comes from loss of the only thing you had left. I knew that look, because I saw it in every reflection I glanced in.

A flicker of movement and she was standing in front of me. A haunted look in her eyes. I stood paralyzed in place, she raised her ghostly hand and touched my face. Cold shot through me like a bullet.

"Lilyan..." whispered the ghost as she looked at me "Look how you've grown..." I heard the cocking of guns behind me. I turned my head slightly to see Dean and Sam holding sawed off shot guns.

"Rachel, when I say move, move." said Sam. The women in white looked up and her face grew dark with anger. She began to move forward towards Sam and Dean.

"Move!" Sam barked. I dropped to my knees, covering my head.

Dean fired the gun at her and she flew apart. Second later she reappeared behind me and screeched, "I will not lose her again!" Sam went to fire but instead I stopped him.

"No! Wait!" Dean and Sam looked at each other. I clumsily got to my feet.

"What are you doing?" hissed Dean not lowering the gun.

"Just wait..." I turned back to the women in white. Her gaze full of a motherly affection. "Mama?" I said shaking slightly. This was insane...

"Yes, Lilyan?" A smile crossed her face. The apparition's appearance changed completely. She looked almost human.

"I'm okay Mama, go home. I'm safe now." The ghost looked at me.

"I can't leave you..."

"I'll be there Mama. I'll be there with you. Do you see it Mama? Do you see heaven?" The ghost cast a hollow look behind her.

"I see it baby. I see it."

"Go, I'll be right behind you." The ghost turned around and walked. Then she vaporized and a sudden breeze of warm air passed over me. With a relieved smile I turned back to Sam and Dean. They both looked at me shocked, guns hanging at their sides.

"What?"  I asked.

"What the hell was that?" Said Dean

"How did you do that?" asked Sam. I shrugged in response.

"I don't know. I just knew she was a mom who wanted to be with her daughter so I ran with it when she called me Lilyan." They looked at each other then at me.

"She is coming with us." Sam said looking at Dean sternly. I smiled hopefully.

"We aren't kidnapping her!"

"It's not kidnapping if she's your daughter." stated Sam. Dean frowned then looked at me.

"You sure you're my kid?" I nodded in response. Dean swore under his breath, "Alright, follow us back to town. Are you from around here?"

"No."

"Of course you're not...."Dean looked at Sam, "Come on lets go, looks like this job's done, We'll go burn the bones tomorrow, just to be safe." They walked over to the Impala and got it. As I got into my Bug I felt a small bud of hope forming in my chest, maybe I had a shot, just maybe. Sure Dean did seem kinda rough around the edges but I felt it was going to be alright for the first time in two days.

I followed them to a shabby little motel/ RV park about a block away from the restaurant where I had first seen them. They already had a room and were waiting for me when I got there. As I followed them inside I looked down to see a drawing on the floor, it was some sort of star in a circle, I also noticed salt around the entire perimeter of the room. Duffel bags where on the beds, with most of their contents placed in front of them. Sam shut and locked the door.

I sat down on one of the beds, Sam sat at the table and Dean leaned against the dresser. An awkward silence filled the room. Dean was looking at me and our eyes met. The exact same eyes meeting. It was so weird being here, all of this was weird. If you had told me this would happen two days ago I would have called the cops on you. I reached up to brush my bangs out of my face and felt the scratch from where Angelina's nails had cut me.

That felt like a million years ago compared to what had happened. A wave of home sickness went through me, but I had to tell myself I didn't have a home now. Not anymore. I felt them both looking at me. I returned the stare.

"She's got your eyes." said Sam to Dean, who looked down at the floor. Sam turned back to me, "How did you find us? I mean, we were completely off the radar."

I laughed, "Actually I was trying to find you when I was at the restaurant. That's why I had my computer, but I wasn't having much luck. I was just starting to look at legends and possibly narrow down my search region when you guys walked in the door." I shook my head "I figured that it was all just coincidence that your names were Sam and Dean, but then you started talking about the Woman in White. I just couldn't ignore it. I had to see if it was you guys."

"You mean to tell me that we could have been psychotic serial killers and you still would have followed us just to see if we were us?" said Dean.

I thought about it for a moment, "I guess so. I was just lucky enough that I ran into you here. Definitely saved me a lot of gas and time. " Dean shook his head.

"Rachel, who is your mom? Does she know you're here?" asked Sam. My throat grew tight.

"Yeah..." I said "She knows I'm here. She told me to come find you," I looked at Dean, "That you were my dad. That you could keep me safe." I grew quiet,"Her name was Aubrey, Aubrey Cardarelli." Dean thought about the name for a minute, then his eyes grew wide.

"Aubrey?" said Sam to Dean, "That Aubrey?"

"How old are you Rachel?" Dean asked urgently.

"I just turned 16 in April."

"Shit...that's what I thought....." said Dean running his hand across his face. Sam and I looked at him questioningly. Dean opened up the mini-fridge, "Yeah," he laughed slightly, opening a beer "You're mine."