Chapter-Twenty-Four: Dreams

I was walking through the woods. The tall ,ancient oak trees towering above my head. Their leaves cascading in a rainbow of fall around me. I felt at peace. My brown leather knee high boots splashed in the small creek as I crossed it. I pulled the leather jacket I had on closer around me as a small breeze picked up.

Far up the forest path, I saw a figure. As I got closer I saw that it was a woman. She wore an Autumn orange dress, her dark hair pinned up with gems making it look like stars in the night sky. Her feet were bare and barely made a sound as she walked, as if she weren't walking at all. She stopped up a head of me then turned around. Tears instantly filled my eyes, it was my mom.

"Mama...?" I breathed the name more than I said it. She smiled, her whole face lighting up.

"Hi Angel," she said like the old days.

"Is...is this a dream?" I asked sadly.

"Some of it maybe. Some of it might not be." She replied not giving me a straight answer. I didn't care though, it was just fantastic to see my mom, with a smile on her face. She opened her arms to me and I ran forward, clearing the 20 feet between us with ease. As I went to hug her, she vaporized like mist before me. I stumbled forward and fell into snow.

When I looked up, I was still in the same forest...but the once proud gold and orange oaks now stood bare and exposed by the frigid winds of winter.

"Mama?" I called, my voice echoing around me. I was alone. I shivered as a cold gust tore through me like a knife. Then, very faintly I heard it. A familiar sound of fluttering grazed my ears, but just barely. The hair on the back of my neck stood up on end and I whipped around. Behind me stood a woman. A long indigo evening dress pooling behind her in the snow like spilled ink. At first I noticed the gold umbrella in her hand then slowly I looked up. The angel with the violet eyes.

My breath stopped in my throat as I stood there starring at the angel who...who turned me into what I am. The one who wanted me. She smiled at me. Like she was pleased at what she had created.

"16 years of waiting..." she to herself as her eyes scanned over me.

"You're the one....the one that-"

"Changed you? Made you better? Oh no need to thank me. It was all thanks to your parents really." she interrupted with a wave of her hand.

"You're the bitch that did this to me!" My blood was boiling inside me. The angel looked at me, taken aback and offended. As if she had never imagined her creation would speak to her in such a way. That I would praise the very ground she walked on and thank her for her kind gift.

"What?" she asked

"You-You ruined my life. You're the reason I have lost everything and you expect me to thank you?" I was furious. The angel crossed the space between us in a flash. Smacking me hard enough in the face to send me to the ground. Her bright red hand print showed on my skin.

"You have no respect child," she scorned,"I have made you one of the greatest things to walk this Earth." the angel told me. I remembered the conversation between Sam and I where he had told me all about Azazel's plan for him. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and looked back at the Angel."All your defective qualities will be taken care of once you have been obtained by my more...disposable forces."

"The demons...they work for you?" I was surprised but not shocked.

"I sent them all on a game of fetch, if you will. You being the prize with a few other rewards." Her face darkened,"But you were more of a surprise than we had anticipated." I smirked slightly, Lily. My hands were growing cold in the snow. I put them in my pockets to keep them warm.