Chapter Twenty-One: Different

Trees! That was all there was around me! I had ran quiet a ways and finally stopped to catch my breath. Was this a cautious action, running into the woods? No, but I could care a whole lot less at the moment. Again I began to run until I saw this giant moss covered over hanging rock. I climbed it and when I reached the top I laid flat on my back. Untangling my purple head phones I cranked up the volume and let the sound pound into my ear drums.

"Carry on my wayward son! There'll be peace when you are done! Lay your weary head to rest! Dont you cry no more!" I belted the chorus of the Kansas song. I cried and air guitar-ed. Like I said music was everything to me and the one friend I always had with me. Everything about it helped me and let me release the tension in my life. How the hell was any of this fair! Please can some one answer that for me! I had been through things in the past two months that no one could imagine. Seven Bridges Road started playing and that was it! I just sat there a bawled. I was crying so hard I could't breath. This was Mom's favorite song......

"There are stars in the Southern sky

And if ever you decide

You should go

There is a taste of thyme sweetened honey

Down the Seven Bridges Road"

I listened as the music faded out. I was so scared and so alone I just wanted to disappear and hide from it all. What was going to happen to me now? I didn't want to be different! I wanted to be driving down back roads with my best friends jamming to my music! I wanted to be dancing around in the kitchen with my mom listening to Pandora radio on her many station while making breakfast! I wanted to be a 16 year old who didn't have her mother killed by demons and angel blood coursing through her veins hunting monsters and whatever the hell else the world through at me with a father and Uncle I hadn't known existed! I wanted my life back!

Rage was making my head pound. More music played at I laid there crying in the fetal position. I just wanted my mom's arms around me in a tight hug, telling me" I love you angel." She'd always known, secretly she had always been telling me I was cursed with a time bomb because she had been trying to save me. She had died trying to save me....

"SCREW IT ALL!" I yelled into the forest. Yelling and screaming and laying here on this rock wasn't going to help me, not in the slightest way. My strength had failed me and so had my courage. I heard the faint snap of something over my music. Making the slightest movement as possible I slid my hand down into the pockets of my jacket and wrapped my hand around the knife I now carried. I heard noise again and with a swift motion I sprang from my spot knife ready in my hand. I slashed forward like Sam had shown me days before.

Sam moved out of the way quickly dodging my unexpected attack. Expertly, he disarmed me.

"Rachel, it's me! It's me!" he said ripping the earphones out. I stopped and looked at Sam. I probably looked like a mess with smeared make-up and moss in my hair.

"Sorry Sam," I said half hearted sitting back down. I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I just didn't care anymore. Obviously Sam got the gist and sat down beside me. He didn't say anything or do anything, instead he sat there silently listening to the forest life around us.

"I'm sorry," he said, after about 10 minutes of nothing. I didn't look at my uncle, I just kept staring at my feet.

"We're the same..." I whispered. "different." Sam gave a shallow laugh.

"I don't understand..." I said, "Why? Why did this happen to me? To you? What the hell did we do to deserve this?" I wiped angry tears from my eyes.

"Nothing," he said, "It's all because of someone else."

"Is that really what it was? Someone else's fault? You sure it's not fate or some cosmic plan?" I asked half mocking half serious. Sam laughed again.

"If there is one thing I've learned it's that you don't ever have to follow their plan." he said pointing to the sky.

"Team Freewill are you?" I said with a smile, "that actually has a good ring to it." I laugh a little bit at that. They were the rebels of heaven, hell, and beyond. "Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever find out why the demon did that to you?" Sam grew really quiet and tense.

"Yeah," he said, "I did."

"What happened?"

"A lot of things I'm not proud of."

"Oh...I see." We didnt say anything for a while. "Were you scared?"

"Yeah, I was" He admitted "Are you?"

"Terrified. But I mean you guys are here for me it's...it's just a lot." Sam nodded in understanding.

"Family helps."

"So what do we do now?" I asked. He smiled at me.

"We hunt down the bastard and find out why they hurt you."

"Thanks Sam," I said, "Its good to have someone else who understands." After that we decided it was best if we headed back before it got to dark. Who knows what would be coming.

Dean was waiting outside the cabin for us when we got back.

"You alright?" he asked me.

"Yeah I'm alright," I said with a small smile. I was alright.

______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys first off I want you all to know that you rock and that you inspire me to write each and every day with each comment, read, and vote! So thank you!!!! Also I must apologize for this chapter. I just couldn't figure out what to really do so its kinda a filler so I'm sorry :) Love you all! Thanks again and hope to here from you all!!!!

Love,

Rachel