Chapter Twenty-Eight: No! Please no!

The walk was short but it was the longest walk of my life. The pain and grief that now consumed me was ready to tear me apart. My snow boots and the swish of the dead girl's prom dress were the only things that could be heard. The room was still and it seemed as if none of us could breath.

I went to Sam first. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him so hard. I couldn't keep the flood gates closed any longer and a sob tore through me. I couldn't do this but I had no other choice. A flash of everything that I had been through with them came to mind.

"Don't cry," he said even though his own voice was tight and I could see his eyes shine with tears, "It's  gonna be okay. You'll see it's  going to be alright."

"I'm so scared Sam..." I whispered.

"I know Rachel...I know...." He said kissing my forehead.

I let go of my uncle and looked at him. Memorizing every detail of his face. Then I walked to my dad. My knees couldn't hold my weight any more and I went down. I cried so hard that it shook me. Evangeline was still in the room which left me feeling cold with hate, but this was the possibly last time I would see them. Kneeling, I hugged my dad and it tore me to shreds that he couldn't hug me back.

"You don't have to do this..." He said a tears running down his face. Our eyes connected, those same damn eyes. Just like the first day I met them. I nodded to my dad.

"Yeah Dad..." I said "I do...." I sobbed again and hugged him tighter.

"We're going to get you back, okay?" He whispered, "But you have to be brave." I nodded. "And no matter what, know that everything is because I love you. Because we love you..." I was confused for a moment but in scenarios like this, little things like that were normally pushed aside.

"I love you to Dean." I said still hugging him," I'll be brave Dad....I promise." I felt a sad smile cross his lips.

"I am so sorry Rachel..." he said just like on the phone. "I am so sorry...." I let go of Dean and looked at his face feeling a pit form in my stomach. What was he sorry for? I had decided to come. Maybe he was sorry of letting this happen. There was nothing he could have done to prevent it.

I stood up and walked to Cas. We shared a sad smile and I knelt down beside the angel that I had grown to love. Who had saved my life after being tortured and who had become like an uncle and awkward friend to me in the past months. A thought crossed my mind, Bentley is going to be pissed and Bobby....I didn't even get to say good-bye to Bobby..... Guilt stung my heart. I leaned in and hugged Castiel.

"I'll see you soon Cas," I said

"I'm sorry Rachel." He said. A strange feeling crept into my skin.

"Why are you sorry...?" I asked looking into his blue eyes.

"Because of what I am about to do." Suddenly Cas's hand grabbed my wrist and a flash of blinding light and a burning erupted through me. I gasped and everything went black. The only thing I heard was Evangeline's scream of fury and a brief look in Dean's eyes full of sorrow.

______________________________________________________

"She waking up! Call the doctor! Hey kid! Kid! " I heard voices talking hurriedly around me. My head and body felt broken and shattered to hell. Everything went silent again.

My eyes snapped open and pain went through my head as they met the bright ceiling lights, quickly I closed them again. I felt needles in my arms and winced as the muscles in my body instinctively flexed. Like they hadn't been used in far to long. I opened my eyes more slowly this time and saw I was in a hospital room.