Danger

**Luke's POV**

Right when I knew what Ashley was talking about, I needed to go and ask her what she saw. I knew exactly who she was talking about.

As my phone rang for the millionth time, I quickly hit reject. I needed to explain to her about her possible state of danger in person. She needed to know that it wasn't going to be safe with me all the time and that I needed to protect her. I wouldn't have signed up for this business if I knew the ones I cared about were going to get hurt.

When I entered her neighborhood, I saw Ashley sitting near the big, iron gates that protected the neighborhood. I then parked my bike, turned it off, and headed towards her.

**Ashley's POV**

As I panicked, I quickly thought of an idea: I would wait outside the gates so that my mom wouldn't see Luke. All I had to do was think of an excuse to get out of the house without drawing any suspicion.

I then waltzed into the kitchen and found my mom sitting at the kitchen table reading a fashion magazine. When I stood there patiently in front of her, she peered up at me with a questioning look.

"I'm going to go on a quick walk. Today was really stressful and I need to clear my head." I quickly sputtered out, trying to calm myself down.

"Okay. Be back before dinner time and take your phone with you." She quickly spoke and continued reading her magazine. I was shocked for a moment and then was relieved knowing that she took the lie and hopefully didn't suspect anything.

I then grabbed my phone, put my shoes back on, and took my bike down from the garage wall. As I peddled my way towards the gate, I heard the sound of a motorcycle in the distance. I then pumped my legs harder, hoping to beat Luke at the gates so that he wouldn't enter the neighborhood and avert any attention.

As soon as I was safely outside of the gates, Luke headed slowly towards me and looked at me with a confused face.

"What are you doing out here? Are you hurt?" He spoke to me with genuine concern in his voice.

"No. I am perfectly fine. Now, can you explain to me what is happening and why you're here?" I spoke back to him harshly.

"Come with me. I have a lot to tell you." He then grabbed my hand softly and led the way to wherever we were going. I had to admit, I liked Luke's masculine hand in mine. I then pushed any negative thoughts to the back of my mind and enjoyed the moment.

We haven't hung out that often in and out of school, but for some reason, I felt like we were long lost friends reconnecting after a long time. I just couldn't put my finger on it but was hoping we could get to know each other and go from there.

I then remembered where we were and my feelings towards him. I couldn't have another boy playing with my emotions and quickly took my hand away from his grasp. He then looked at me with confusion in his eyes and I decided to say something.

"We aren't 'talking'. I don't think we should be holding hands. I mean it's-"

"Ashley. It's okay. I like holding your hand and I think you're thinking the same thing, considering it took you 10 minutes to let go." He then smirked at me and stared into my eyes longingly. I then looked away and walked faster, seeing the park that I failed to get to on my own appear into my view.

"Ashley! Wait!" Luke screamed back at me. I just kept walking, hoping to get away for a while. After a couple minutes of complete silence, a pair of hands snaked their way around my waist and pulled me close. I gasped.

"Ashley. Please. I want this as bad as you do." I turned around in complete shocked and sprinted away. What was he talking about? We barely knew each other. I then spotted my favorite swing on the playground and bounded for it.

As I made my way onto the swing, Luke appeared into my view and walked up to the swing next to me and sat down.

"Ashley. We need to talk. I can't stop thinking about you and it's scaring me." He quickly spoke back. I was hurt for a little bit until he spoke up again.

"I don't mean to offend you, not at all. It's just that if we were to....you know...go out? Or have any sort of relationship...it wouldn't be good for you." What did he mean? My stomach did a complete flip when I thought of what he said about thinking about me. What if me and Luke could have a future? I quickly pushed the thought to the back of my mind and continued listening to him.

"I know Sasha and I just broke up but I've seen you around school before and you seem so different and much more interesting than those other girls," He spoke quickly, "What are you thinking right now?" He asked. 

"Ummm..." I stuttered. 

"You don't have to force yourself to say anything. All I want to know is what you're thinking." He then said to me. I don't know what came over me, but I had the urge to hug him.

I then found myself in his embrace and smelled his musky perfume dancing into my nostrils. I liked this, it was different. 

Before anything could happen between Luke and I, I knew that we needed to get to know each other better. This has all happened so fast. I needed to take things slow so that I didn't end up with a broken heart.

I then pulled away and stared into his eyes.

"Luke. I have never really, truly told anyone any of my deepest darkest secrets, but I think I feel the same way. But the thing is, we just started talking about a week ago and I think we should wait until we truly have the same feelings and ideas. I just don't want to jump into something that I'm not sure about." I stared up to see him smiling gently and understandingly.

"Ashley, I understand completely. But, I need to tell you something. Getting to know me comes with consequences." He then spoke to me gently. I started to get scared and spoke back to him.

"What?" I said with confusion. 

A/N

This was kind of a filler but I needed to show progress of Ashley and Luke's relationship. I know that I kind of rushed things with them, but not all relationships happen over time. I just couldn't hold the urge in to start the feelings thing. But don't worry, I'm not going to rush into things too quickly.

/////

2 Years Later: DF is this bullshit. Made some MAJOR changes in this too. I wish that I wasn't such a bad writer back then. I wonder if this would've been more popular if I had the experience back then that I have now.