Risky Resolutions

**Luke's POV**

The bright light that shown through the living room windows sent me out of my peaceful sleep. Laying next to me, Ashley was still snoozing away. 

I then cautiously moved, hoping not to wake her up, to use the bathroom. Before my one foot was on the ground, Ashley unconsciously rolled over and nuzzled herself into the crook of my right arm and chest.

Letting out a groan, I slipped back under the blankets and wrapped my arm around her small waist, at the same time trying to forget that my bladder was full. As we both sat there in silence, I grabbed a pillow and blocked out the light that was streaming onto my face. Minutes passed and I slowly felt myself drifting back to sleep.

**Ashley's POV**

Buzz buzz. BUZZ BUZZ.

Turning my face away from the couch, I came face to face with a sleeping Luke. My phone was ringing on the floor, and Luke was unconsciously holding me in a death grip at my waist. With no luck on getting free, I grew more irritated. 

My phone buzzed for the 500th time, and it was probably my mom or dad. If I didn't answer, I was sure to get in even more trouble. Without even thinking, I shoved Luke off the couch and I retrieved my phone next to his now awake body.

"What the hell-"

"Shhh!" I hissed as I picked up my cell phone. "Hello?" I asked, not bothering to check who I was speaking to.

"Ashley," My mother said tiredly, "You can come home now. Say your goodbyes to Luke. I'm sorry we have to do this, but it's for your own good." Before I could rant to her that I most definitely was not going to refuse to see or speak to Luke again, she hung up on me, leaving me speechless. I then quickly hung up and sadly apologized to Luke for pushing him off the couch. After I stood up off the couch, I quickly walked to Luke's room and stripped off his over-sized t-shirt.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Luke startled me as I slipped into my shorts from the night before. Covering up my chest, I turned towards him and gave him a small smile.

"Nothing!" I said, a little bit too excited. Luke quickly noticed my strange behavior and raised as eyebrow. Before I knew it, Luke was a foot away from me, and I was topless.

"Here, let me help you with that." Luke said as he took my shirt and slid it over my head, dressing me like a baby. When my head popped out of the top of my shirt, I made eye contact with Luke and my cheeks blazed as he rested his hands on both of my hips.

"Thanks." I said. Luke then planted a small peck on my lips and dragged me into the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" Luke asked as he took my hand and led me to the kitchen. My gaze then averted to the ground and I quickly stood up.

"Luke, I have to go." I said quickly. I could tell that Luke knew exactly why I was leaving, and he looked as hurt as I did.

"What? Now? Already?" He said as he stood emotionless, not moving an inch.

"Yeah...my mom told me I had to come home," I said as I started to choke up, "And that it was for my own good. I'm so sorry Luke." I said as I grabbed my belongings and sprinted out of his apartment. Tears were now streaming down my face and I could feel my body getting weaker as I made my way down the corridor. I could hear Luke screaming after me, and his running foot steps getting closer to me. I knew that if I gave him a hug or kiss goodbye I would've never let go. 

When I made my way out of the apartment building, my bare feet came in contact with small, sharp rocks. I winced as I reached my car. Pressing the unlock button, I slid into the drivers seat and stuck my keys into the ignition.