False Alarms & Crushes

**Luke's POV**

I felt the need to kiss Ashley. As soon as we left the school, that need increased to the point that I just couldn't hold it in. My teenage hormones have been going crazy ever since we made it official. I've never been this long with a girl and only kissed. 

Pulling her with me into the pantry, I pinned her gently against one of the shelves and began to kiss her. She resisted by the sudden surprise, but then relaxed into it.

Before anything could get anymore heated, the pantry door swung right open.

"Hey, where are the chips-" Cole said and was then interrupted by the awkwardness. Ashley was already going for the handle to close it, but before she could get close Cole slammed it right on her face. I winced as she fell to the ground. I then rushed down to her and picked her up.

"Fuck, are you okay babe?" I spoke to her. She held her nose as I scooped her up. Making my way out of the pantry, I carried Ashley to the island. After searching all around her kitchen, I came across an ice pack.

I pulled her with me into the office and sat on the couch. She displayed a pained expression on her face while I pulled her head onto my lap. Placing the pack gently on her nose, she let out a stifled sigh as she winced in pain.

We sat in silence for a while until my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was Skylar. I haven't talked to her in days. I then picked up the phone quickly and exited the office.

"What?"

"Luke. It's Dad. He's going crazy and I don't know where Mom went. Everything's so bad. I-I need your help." Skylar whispered into the phone. I was surprised for a moment, Skylar was always the tough one. I would have never guessed for her to call me for help.

"Come over Ashley's. I'll text you the address. Her parents and siblings aren't around much this month and are going to be gone for some time so just bring some stuff over. Make sure Dad doesn't see you leave." I heard her breathe and she responded quietly.

Skylar was over in about ten minutes with a small duffel bag. She didn't look so good. Ever since Aiden's death, my family has been more dysfunctional than ever. That's why I've been making refuge at Ashley's house. I was counting the days when Ashley and I would be having the time of our lives at the beach and throughout the whole summer.

"Hey." I spoke to Skylar as she entered into the house. 

"Hi." Skylar's monotone voice brought me out of my thoughts. I then led her into the kitchen.

"Well, who's this??" Brad spoke up. 

"This is Skylar, my sister." I responded. 

Bringing Skylar with me into the office, I told her that I had to pee. I left her with Ashley and was hoping that she would behave herself. 

After finally relieving myself, I heard Skylar's screams. I rushed as quickly as possible into the office. I was met with Ashley looking scared. My sight went right to Ashley's nose. It was completely crooked. I was guessing that my shocked face scared Ashley even more. She rushed out of the room and headed straight to a nearby mirror. This time it was Ashley screaming.

**Ashley's POV**

I was in my Jeep, Luke was driving, and we were currently on our way to the hospital. My breathing wasn't getting any better. This had to be like the tenth time I was missing school. My mom wouldn't be too happy with all of these unexpected hospital visits. 

I had two main concerns: my nose and my family. I didn't want them home. I couldn't have them home. There were about 5 older guys, my boyfriend, and I'm now learning, Skylar, at my house. Even though she trusted me enough to be alone in the house for some time, she would never agree to have all of these people stay in her house.