Chapter 7

~ expedition ~

Eren's pov~

It was that time again. The moment where I finally get to step outside the walls and see the outside world. We were waiting for the gates to open so we can enter the territory of the Titans once again.
I was determined to stay strong and explore more of the outside world. Determined to keep my promise, to kill every last Titan on this earth.
Images of my mother, Petra's, Olou's, Eld's and Gunther's death flashed in my mind. I gripped the reins harder, making my knuckles turn white.
I will never let anymore of my friends die! I will protect them all and execute every last Titan for them! I will make sure they could live outside the walls with no more Titans to kill us. I'll kill them so Levi could live a safe and happy life.
I felt a gentle hand on mine, squeezing it a little. I turned to my left to look at Mikasa, who was looking at me with worry.
"I'm okay." I said answering the silent question. She squeezed my hand again before letting go and turning to face the gate again. Looking around, I noticed a little boy and girl standing on some boxes to get a better view of the soldiers waiting to go up against the Titans.
I smiled. It reminded me of when I was younger. Mikasa, Armin and I would always do that. Jeez! I sound like an old man. I turned my focus back to the gate when I heard Erwin's voice from the front of the group. The gates were open and the wind blew through my messy brown hair.
We started moving forward. I whipped the reins for my horse to start running. It was dark in the tunnel, but that was soon replaced by the shining sun from behind the wall. It might be my second time outside the wall, but I couldn't help but look in awe at the beauty.
Why did the Titans have to take this away from us? The other soldiers split up to take there place in the formation. Mikasa, Jean and Armin stayed with me and Levi. I was happy when Levi told me that they would be part of our new squad. They would need some work of course, but they were still some of the best we have left.
Armin with his brains. I can't believe I'm complementing this douchebag but, Jean with his skills with 3DMG and Mikasa. The one who is basically a slightly nicer, tall female version of Levi, except she isn't a clean freak or as sexy as he his. She is sexy yes, but Levi is sexier.
I was riding somewhat next to Levi who had his usual bored expression, focusing on the path ahead. He must of noticed my close presence because he looked at me and smiled softy before focusing again. I was still smiling at him. I loved the way he would smile only for me.
No one but Mikasa, Hanji and Erwin knew about me and Levi so far. I was thankful that they didn't say anything about us yet.
  It wasn't that I was embarrassed being with Levi, no, I love him so much and I would love to brag and show off that my boyfriend is Levi Ackerman...yes Ackerman. I learned his last name recently. I still can't believe that he is somehow related to the girl I call my sister.
Well whatever. Going on. I would love to show off that my boyfriend is Levi  Ackerman, humanities strongest soldier. To me it's honestly an honor. The reason why I don't what people to know about us is for our safety. Mostly for Levi's, I could care less about mine.
  My goal is to keep Levi safe and away from any harm even if it costs my own life. I would never tell Levi or Mikasa that because they wouldn't exactly be happy with that. If I told Levi, he would protect me even more than he already does. He would lay down his life first to protect me when it should be me that's protecting him from this harsh world.
  "15 meter class Titan coming from our left!" My thoughts were interrupted by Armin shouting about the threat. That can't be possible. What happened to the other soldiers that are supposed to keep them from getting this far into the formation! I looked to my left only to see a Titan running towards our direction. My eyes widened slightly.
  "Shit. What are those idiots doing." He heard Levi say annoyingly.
"Jean! Shoot a flare! Mikasa, Eren. Go handle the Titan." I gave a curt nod before I tugged on the reins for the horse to turn left and followed Mikasa.
  Jean shot the flare, the red smoke raising high into the cloudy blue sky.
I turned back around to focus on the Titan in front of us. I carefully stood up before firing an anchor so I can slice the Titans knees. Mikasa got the ankles while I made a quick turn to slice the Titans nape while it was falling.
  Blood sprayed everywhere, staining the blades and green cape I wore, but it soon evaporated. I landed next to the Titans dead body, putting my swords back where they belong before getting back on my dark brown horse and riding back to Levi and the others.
  Levi smiled slightly, relief flashing in his silver eyes, before turning back to focus on the path ahead. Did he really think I was that helpless? Does he not think that I can kill a Titan without getting hurt or dying? I frowned slightly at the thought, but I pushed it aside. He's just glad that I didn't get hurt. Anything can happen out here anyway.

~time skip~