Chapter 1

The light from the windows that spread across the marbled floorinig was bright and welcoming. Lifting her hand into the light she let it bounce off the redness that coated her fingers.

"It's almost sad..." She let her sentence drop, the words hanging in the still air.

"What is? Madame?" A pale hand, reached up and delicately took hers. Lowering it, they dipped the other hand holding a wash cloth into warm water and started to slowly clean the blood form her fingers.

Serin sighed, leaning back against the setae an expression of boredom on her face. "It's a shame Adam that they died so easily."

She looked over at the two bodies that were currently bleeding out onto their living room rug. Her eyes were dull, and the only light that shined was cold. "I'd wanted to bring the children with us, without slaughtering the parents, but—."

She ended with a shrug, and pulled her hand from Adams, and gave him the other one. "We should hurry, he'll be upset if I don't attend lunch on time."

Adam nodded wordlessly, and quickly finished cleaning the blood from her fingers.

The children were currently cowering in the corner, where they had been tied. The guards, stood in front of them still licking blood from their own hands.

**

"How did it go?" Ryan asked as he greeted Serin in the foyer.

Serin leaned back from giving him a greeting kiss on his cheek. She smirked, "As usual." She removed her gloves and her long black-fur coat and handed them both over to a maid. "They resisted, and I had no choice but to forcibly take them."

Ryan sighed, his blue eyes darkening slightly. "That's unfortunate," The darkness dispersed when he lifted his head, "But the children?"

Serin smiled, tapping his nose. "You know me," She headed towards the stairwell that led upstairs, "Their being led to the forum below."

Ryan chuckled, "I wouldn't ever doubt my own wife."

Serin paused one foot on the stairwell, and turned her head giving him a smile. "True my husband wouldn't ever doubt his perfect wife."

With that saucy statement she continued upstairs, "You should get cleaned up for dinner." Her back was boldly displayed, the tattoo moved as if digging deeper into her back.

Ryan chuckled, before he turned sharply after Serin figure disappeared upstairs. His hand wrapped around Adam's throat, his eyes turned black the pleasant expression he'd wore earlier dropping.

"Did you touch her?!" He growled menacingly.

Adam feet kicked in the air, as he tried to fight against the pressure building in his skull. Ryan's black claws dug into his throat slowly causing blood to flow down it.

"Y-yes, sir—." He swallowed, despite the struggled to do so. His throat was slowly being crushed. "To-to clean the blood off."

"Blood?" Ryan repeated, he tilted is head observing Adam silently before he let go. Letting Adam fall to the ground, fixing his suit jacket he smiled the black slowly dissipating. "Hmm, next time let the maid do it."

With that warning, Ryan walked passed the red faced Adam, followed by his guards he left. The door shutting behind him, leaving the house silent...like a prison.

**

A tall women stood next to the window in the Vip room of the observatory. Her eyes were covered by thick-yet-stylish sun glasses. Her hat was lowered, and she watched people walking back forth down below the ten-floor building.

The door opened behind her, letting in a tall man who entered slowly. His skin a light brown-amber, and his eyes a mix of golds and greys were troubled. Walking over to her side, he lowered his head.

"Is everything ready?"

He nodded, "Yes. It's been confirmed that he's planning to send her to the cabin again tonight."

"Again," the women spoke sharply turning around she faced him. "Does he not care what happens to her if he continues down this road?! Gaius?"

Gaius shook his head, his expression troubled. "I don't know mother. I personally haven't been able to see her, or him since they returned from their honeymoon. Adam can leak only so much information."

Taking a deep breath, his mother turned back to the window crossing her arms "It's my fault."

"Mom—!"

"It is!" Anaea cute him off, "If I hadn't let her fight, if I hadn't let that farce of a marriage happen. Serin would never have gotten so...so damaged."

Gaius shook his head, "Mom, you can't take the fault for all of this. We all should have seen it the moment she walked out with those markings." He sadly shook his head.

They both were silent, one silently wiped tears from underneath of her glasses. "Well, be that as it may. Here." Opening the pocketbook she pulled out a gun, that held dark-grey lettering on the side.

Lifting it, she offered it to Gaius. "The Alter fiddle with this, she said one shot to her head should do it, but..."

Gaius his hand out for the gun, hesitated, "But, what?"

His mother sighed, and pulled off her glasses he winced at the redness of her eyes. "Serin—Are you sure you can do this?"

She stared hard into Gaius's eyes, "I was hesitant, but your father insisted you are the only one capable of doing it."

Gaius nodded taking the gun, "I can do it." He quickly hid the gun, in the holster underneath his coat. "I'm her uncle, it's my duty to do this...to relieve of her of this nightmare she's living."

Anaea nodded, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It pains me that you are to be left with this." She shook her head, "But we can't turn back time."

Gaius smiled, pulling his mother in for a hug, "I'll be fine. You and Dad are the ones that need to be careful." Releasing, he gave her one more smile before he quickly left the room.

-