Chapter 14

Sorting the third set of roses, I rang up the charge and taking the money I wished the customer a nice day. Leaning against the counter I smiled, when saw how packed we were. It was a great idea of Cleo's to add a small café area.

Watching the workers go through the motions of handling orders and making coffee. Something warm filled my stomach, I couldn't help smiling at the sight.

Walking from behind the counter I tapped Tibault on the shoulder to let him know I was going outside. He nodded to me, and continued dealing with the elderly customer in front of him.

Tibault had shown himself to be eager and determined at his work. Slowly but surely he was becoming somewhat of an asset.

Walking outside, the chimes above the door clanged. The weather was a little cloudy. But the air was still warm stretching my arms I couldn't help a little woot at my success.

"Someone seems happy."

Hearing the familiar voice, I jerked my arms down and whipped around. He wasn't in his detective get up, but simple jeans and leather jacket with a grey turtle-neck sweater sticking out.

I frowned, what's with my stalker actually being cute.

Placing my hands on my hips I glared at him. "Have you come to harass me some more?"

He chuckled, and dammit if it didn't hit the spot just so. "I don't believe I have."

"So, what brings back to my place business fake cop." He smiled at me stressing the word fake.

He stepped forward, his eyes weren't sparkling. I wouldn't dare let 'sparkling' enter my vocabulary. "I was interested in how you place of business would do on its first day."

"Well—as you can see, it's flourishing." I said smugly motioning to the large glass window, that gave view of the crowded inside. "And now that you've seen it, you can leave."

He stopped in front of me, which took me aback I dropped my hand startled when he leaned forward. His green eyes were bright and stared into my own. I quickly dropped mine, "W-what are you doing?!"

He placed a finger under my chin, "You know it's a tradition to kiss the owner when they start a new business."

He breath ghosted over my lips.

Why wasn't I pulling away from him?

Where his eyes growing brighter?

"Lesley?"

Hearing my name, I jerked back and turning just my head I stared in mild confusion at Gaius and Cleo.

"What are you guys doing here?"

**

Gavril wanted to growl at the interruption as the Lesly pulled away from him. He pulled back, straightening he turned his gaze to the two standing in front. He frowned when he felt his hand twitch towards his hip.

A weird suspicion grew as Lesly walked over the two. "Diana and Herald, you both didn't have to come."

The woman who was apparently Diana handed a box to Lesly. She looked tough with half her head shaved she was also sporting ripped tight black jeans. "What did you think we'd do? Ignore our baby sister opening a store." Her amber skin, made the red lip ring pop out, "We're not total jerks."

"Well at least I'm not." The male interjected, he leaned down and pressed his lips to Lesly cheek. "This one wanted to buy flowers," He chuckled, "It didn't seem the thing to bring flowers, to a flower shop."