Chapter 16

He is still watching me. I could feel his green eyes cutting into my back, what did the man want with me. Even a vampire would get creeped if someone watched them with such an intense look.

My skin was prickling, but I would ignore him. Tibault helped me move the large ornament to the far corner, we set it down carefully. The glass beads click-clacked as we set it down, the sound of birds chirping sounded in the room.

I held back my chuckle as Tibault tripped over himself to answer the call, and he asked me if he could take a moment I nodded. "Just don't get lost."

He nodded before he quickly left, out of the large meeting room.

Turning my attention back to the arranging the flowers, I enjoyed the silence and the near quiet buzzing sound of the AC system.

"Now, that I've proven I'm not a cop, are you willing to answer my questions?"

She stiffened, and slowly turned towards him her arms coming to her hips. Gavril couldn't seem to get tired of looking into her brown and gold eyes, that made him think of cinnamon and chocolate.

She glared up at him, "If you're not a cop, there isn't any need for me to answer your questions." She crossed her arms, "You do realize your actions could be seen as harassment?"

Gavril smirked, she was feisty. He couldn't understand why that fact, pulled him in. He slipped his hands into his pockets, "Oh, but I thought you enjoyed my company."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes, "More like your money." She muttered.

"I would gladly give you my money, for, mm. Other services." Gavril said, with a straight face.

Lesly eyes widened, her mouth slackened, as what he said set in. Deciding to take advantage of her confusion, Gavril moved forward lifting his right hand he placed it against her right cheek. He was surprised to find it warm, but not hot.

He leaned forward, his eyes delving into hers, "I would like to test the product first." Without pause he gently pressed his lips against hers, his eyes remained open, so he could see her finally acknowledge she was being kissed, and by him.

He felt her shift to lift her arm, but before she could hit him, he grabbed her raised hand by the wrist, and used his left arm to wrap her up and jerk her close, and he deepened the kiss.

Her eyelashes fluttered, before she slowly closed them melting into him.

Gavril felt the ground shift, his own body reacting strongly to the little flower shop owners surrender. The feeling of energy constantly surging into his limbs, slowed and as they stood there as suns light bathed the room with a bright light. A moment of peace that he'd never known assailed him.

"Lesly—!"

Before Gavril knew what happened, he was flat on the ground. His back hit the ground so hard, he was sure he'd been hit by a truck.

Lesly, gasped covering her mouth she stared down at him horrified. She stared at him, horror, surprise, and astonishment on her face. Before he could stop her turned and ran.

She ran out of the room, pushing past Tibault. Gavril was sure he wouldn't see her, at least for the rest of the day.

**

My hands were shaking, as I tried to open the door. My entire being had been moved. The minute his lips had pressed against me, it felt like chains holding me down had fallen away. A well of sadness had invaded my limbs, and then surge of such blood lust and need, had forced my bad instincts forward.

Gavril was dangerous, as my hands trembled I couldn't seem to open my pill bottle. My teeth ached as they fought to be freed, the van would keep other safe from me.

Squeezing my eyes, the memory of his smell evaded my mind, and the feel of his heart pounding strong and hard in his chest.

The thought of such a powerful, and strong under me as I devoured him, piece by piece—!

"Mam are you alright?!"

Tibault poked his head, disrupting my vampiric thoughts. I nodded without facing him, "I'm fine, just a little under the weather, not enough sleep."

Hearing my voice shake, I mentally cursed.

"Did you finish placing the flower arrangements?" Finally able to remove the top, I took one of grey pill out and swallowed it, eager to stop the tremors.

Tibault got in on the passenger side, I could smell the worry coming off him. "Yes, they already deposited the money."

"Okay," I sat the pill bottle in the side pocket of the door, and reached up to start the van, "I'll send the other guys to come and pick it up."

Tibualt nodded, as we drove away I prayed that I wouldn't have a run in with Mister Anatolie any time soon.

**

"What are you playing at?!" D'or yelled at Gavril, as he slowly got back to his feet. She had her arm crossed and her face was slowly turning red with anger. "You forced me to order from our suspects business, then, then—, you harass the poor girl." Her eyes flickered with an inner fire, "What in god's name are you up to?!"

Gavril standing, straightened to his full height, and cockily said, "Hunting."

"Hun—!" D'or lifted her arm as if to hit him, only for a hand to grab here's by the wrist.

"Enough." Anghle said from behind his own green eyes somber. "You two need to stop fighting so much."

"I'm not the one trying to fuck another human." D'or protested jerking her arm out of Anghle hold, "We all know why you're doing this, just find your bride already!" She snapped.

Gavril expression turned cold, and his eyes shuttered, "I've already told you, I will not bring a human woman into this world. I will not allow what happened to our mother, to happen to her."

"Gavril," Anghle said, his eyes hard like glinting emeralds, "You will have no choice after you go berserk. It will be impossible for you to go one after that."

"Angle?" D'or looked at him taken aback.

He ignored her, and steped forward passing her. He stood toe-to-toe with Gavril, "You would put your death on my hands, because if you do go berserk, no one by I, would be given the duty to put you down."

Gavril stiffened, and his jaw clenched as his own eyes hardened. Before he could rebuttal a call came over the airwaves.

"Now, now children that's enough come see me." Dean's voice lazily had disrupted their thoughts.

Cursing, Gavril gave Anghle one more hard look, before he stepped around him and stomped out of the main room.

After he walked out, D'or turned around her back to Anghle, "You would not be the only to bear his death on your hands." She said this quietly, before following Gavrils earlier example and leaving,

Seeing her leave, Angle sighed, it was hard being the middle child. Shaking his head, he left the room wondering what Dean had from them.