Chapter 3

"STOP!"

Adam leaned against the bathroom door.

"Don't pl-please! AGGH!"

He closed his eyes, and furrowed his brow.

"WHY WON'T IT COME OFF!!?"

Opening his eyes again, he motioned the guards standing across from him away. They nodded, barely able to hide their own disturbed expression.

"Get it off! GET IT OFF!!"

He turned around, and opened the door. Shutting it behind him, he could barely make out the shower from the all the mist rolling from it, and filling the bathroom.

Pulling off his suit coat, and tie. He toed off his shoes, not saying a word. As Serin continued her screaming, and whimpering.

Walking over the shower, he pulled the door slowly aside. He winced, Serin was bent over her hands where both bleeding, from her scratching at them. She didn't acknowledge him when he entered the shower.

"Off. I-I...off. So Sorry, I'm sorry." Her muttering made less and less sense.

Lowering himself, he kneeled in front of her. "Serin?" He said her name softly.

She jerked her head up, he almost flinched back at her expression. Her face was still white, and veins still popped out. But one eye was brown, and gold flashed in and out. While the other was red, and angry.

Her maniacal grin, didn't stop the tears pouring from her eyes.

He narrowed his eyes, she was getting worse. Continuing his former movement, he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Serin?" He called again, slowly he pulled her forward. She reluctantly came closer to him. The hot water hitting him in the back, didn't seem able to bring warmth to the shivering Serin.

"How was the dance?" He asked, as he wrapped his arms around her and leaned against the back of the tub, rearranging his feet. He found himself hugging her to him, while she lay long-way on top of him.

"Dance?" she asked, her shivering slowing down.

He smiled, his free hand slowly making comforting circles on her back. "Yeah, you know. The one tonight, the one that involves those ugly period gowns."

Serin chuckled, snuggling her head into his chest. "Ah! That dance." She scoffed, "Awful, I don't know what that blonde brat was thinking. I thought Elisa was going to pulverize when she showed up with them..."

They continued sitting together, until Serin grew tired. Adam stood carrying her out of the bathroom towards her own room.

Where the Yorin elders met him. They were only ever allowed to come close to her when she went through her spells.

As Felix took her into his arms, He frowned. Anaea stared down at Serins sleeping expression, her brow furrowed. "She's far too skinny." She turned her worried look to Adam, "Does she not eat?"

Adam shook his head, "She doesn't do anything but work in the glass house on her flowers and plants. Unless, of course he sends her out to take care of something." He lowered his head, at the anger he saw in Anaea's stare. "He never stays for long after he is assured she is back, and leaves putting the doors under guard once again."

"She's a prisoner," Anaea hissed, her eyes slowly starting to bleed gold. "He will pay, I swear it."

Felix cleared his throat, "Anaea, love it would be prudent not make such announcements in the men's house."

Anaea scoffed, giving a disgusted look over the hallway. "House, hah." She frowned, when Serin suddenly shifted groaning.

"Let's get her to her bedroom, and worry about the rest later."

Felix, and Anaea quickly moved leaving Adam who motioned for the guards to follow him back to the lower chambers where they would clean up the mess left by their other guest.

"Ugh!"

Adam attempted not to fall, as Ryan threw another punch into his gut. "I don't like you."

He glared down at the blondes bowed head, "I don't like that you're the only one who can keep her here."

He drew back his arm, and punched Adam in the face. He eyes narrowed, "Soon. Soon—, you won't be needed anymore." He spat, before he jerked his coat from Julies hand, and stomped out of the solar room, "When that day comes I will gladly rip you apart." The door shut on his statement.

A voice spoke from the doorway, as Adam tried to regain his footing.

"How much longer?"

Adam lifted his head as he stood, "How much longer, what?"

Charles smirked, he bright blues flashing. "I knew the minute Julie told me we were taking Douche bags side something was up."

Adam straightened his jacket. His eyes bereft of emotion. "And if there is?"

Nodding slowly, Charles chuckled. Shoving his hands in his pockets, "I can't wait to see what it is."

Adam nodded, "Well, sit back and relax it's going to be one hell of a show."

Charles nodded, before they both exited the solar.

They both stopped short, when they saw Gaius running towards them bypassing the guards.

Seeing the tense set of Gaius mouth, Adam frowned. "What is it?"

Gaius lifted his head, causing both Adam and Charles to step back at his aura. "He's sending her to the cabin tomorrow." He whispered harshly, making sure the guards that were still standing in the hallway didn't hear.

Both Charles, and Adam shared a look. Giving look to the guards, Adam motioned for the two to follow him upstairs.

Adam gritted his teeth he wasn't ready to let go of her yet. Fighting his inner emotions, he forced them under. He couldn't keep her to himself, especially when her being here would only make her more of a monster than the women he was slowly growing closer to...

His smiled to himself, as he spoke aloud. "Well then we have much work to do."

Gaius and Charles nodded in agreement as the three continued their way upstairs.

**

"Serin, love would you like to go to our cabin?"

Lifting her head, from where her hands were deep in the earth. Serin, eyes widened. "The cabin?"

She quickly pulled her hands from the dirt she digging, and stood whipping her hands on her apron. "Is it that time already?" She asked excitedly.

Ryan nodded, his blue-black eyes amused. "Yep, time for our yearly anniversary trip."

"Mmm," Serin's expression became thoughtful, "Does this mean you'll make me breakfast in bed, and actually not focus on business?"

He laughed, reaching out he grabbed her hand and pulled her close. Their eyes meeting, "Don't I always focus on you?"

Not saying anything, Serin only pouted.

"Awe, don't be like that." Pulled her closer, and started tickling her side. "C'mon, forgive me."

Serin lasted all of ten-minutes, before she started laughing. "Hahaha I give! I give."

He stopped pulled back, and smirked. "That's right, I'm your king."

Shaking her head, at his nonsense she motioned for Adam who stood in the doorway forward. "I'll get started packing, and you better not renege on me."

Ryan raised his hand, shaking his head, "I wouldn't dare."

"You better not."

She warned, as she left the glass-room towards her bedroom.

Once she was out of earshot, Ryan leaned over to one of his guards. "Let them know she'll be on her way, I'll meet them there."

The guard nodded, before leaving his side.