Chapter 25

Author: Enjoy, and Comment...love you guys!

The moment Gavril heard Deans words, he felt frustration heat his skin. Instead of feigning ignorance he simply said, "Yes, I killed them."

D'or his sister looked at him shocked, "You didn't call anyone to clean it up?"

He shook his head motioning towards the screen, "they attacked the flower shop when I visited it the night of the ball."

Anghel eyes sharpened at this, "Why would lycans be interested in that flower shop?"

"They must have been aiming for me," Gavril, sending his brother an annoyed look, "Is that enough, do I need to answer any more questions."

"No, that's enough!" Dean said suddenly clapping his hands together, moving the bowl his to the couch he jumped up. And smoothly approached Gavril, "It isn't all that difficult to fix this issue, but...I wonder why the mafia issue can't be handled as simply."

He tilted his head, looking Gavril over, "I can't seem to get a straight answer out of you for that issue."

Gavril mouther worked, as he met the elders gaze head on. His stance relaxed, but inwardly he felt the stirrings of his demon. Gritting his teeth, he let out a harsh sigh, "If there isn't anything else, I'll take my leave," he said this to his brother and sister, turning on his heel he walked back up the steps.

"Ah, there was something else."

Dean called out, but it was too late as Gavril stepped up to the opening elevator doors. He found himself seeing familiar face, though the face aged he wouldn't ever forget the face of his father. The man hadn't wilted, instead he seemed in the same shape as when he'd left.

Gavril didn't say anything as he stood in silence in the door way, his father didn't seem to be suffering under his same issue. He stepped out of the elevator meeting him head on, "Son." Was all he said in greeting.

Gavril rolled his eyes, shaking his head without speaking a word he stepped past his father without greeting and entered the elevator.

Turning he pressed the button, sniffing he lowered his head as the doors closed.

"Well...it could have been worse." Dean finally said after a beat of silence.

**

Serin had managed to get every cleaned and fixed up with ease, and yet as she stood in her now cleaned store she felt uneasy. Something wasn't right but she couldn't put her finger on it. It was like a grey cloud hanging over her head.

She moved over to the counter, setting her broom in her hands against it. She pulled her cell from her pocket, and dialed Gaius.

After a few rings and he still hadn't answered, she figured he must be in class. Sighing, she shrugged off the dark feeling and continued with straightening the store. She really needed to solve the issue of Gavril first, he wasn't going to be going away anytime soon.

He seemed intent on continuing their relationship, she really couldn't allow it to continue.

She was a vampire, and he wasn't...He was something else, and she'd had her fill of man with hidden secretes.

She'd just finished putting away her clean tools, when she walked and pause seeing dark haired male standing in the center of her store. Confused as to who, and how someone had entered her store she hesitantly called out, "Can I help you..."

The male turned sharply, as if surprised someone was still in the shop. "Ah, I didn't think anyone would be here."

She frowned, crossing her arms, "Do you usually entered stores when no one is around?"

Seeming to realize how his statement had made him sound, he quickly recovered with, "I-I'm sorry, I heard there was an attack of some sort recently in this area," he pulled a id fom his pocket and held it out to, "I'm with the press, Jonathan Greene, I've been following the stories of bodies being found in the area."

Serin giving him a suspicious look, glanced at the card in her hand. "So, you are committing a crime in effort to be a journalist?" She handed it back to him, "Well, I've nothing to say, so you can leave."

She waved towards the door, pushing him along gently.

"W-wait!" He exclaimed, he pulled something from his pocket, "I-just tell me has this person come by your store in the pass week, or month?"

Forced to look at the picture, Serin's eyes landed on the picture of Gavril, who appeared dapper in his black suit. The journalist continued to argue his case, "I've been following this family for two years, they've been tied to disappearances and un explained happenings. I just need to know if you've seen this man in the area?"

Looking at the picture, Serin quickly caught herself and shook her head, "I've never seen him, please leave." Gathering her sense, she shoved the journalist out of the front door." Shutting the door firmly behind him she, quickly made her way to her office.

She;d thought this spot was good for business, but it was turning out to be more trouble than it was worth.

**

He was back, "Miss. Angie I've brought breakfast."

I wasn't going to open the door for him, he wasn't going to get me to go along with this farce. They had kidnapped us, and it wasn't even for a rational reason. Everyone claimed she, and her family had been kidnapped to meet her older sister.

She quickly brushed away a thought that maybe they spoke truth, they were people who took advantage of people's greatest hopes. She pressed her back against the wall, she wasn't even put in the same room as her sister Jane, or mother. When she heard the latch lift she, readied herself and when the door opened she lifted the towel hanging bar above her head, and moved forward.

Her captor was faster, he spun catching the bar in a hand, and twisting he jerked her forward causing her to stumble, while crying out in surprise. Her body was wrapped and her back pressed against his front while her the bar came down in front of her.

Her breath caught, her eyes wide she stared down at the tray food that sat on the short table.

He leaned forward, his whispering voice causing a chill to run down her spine, "Miss your food will get cold if you don't eat soon."

Shuddering, she pulled away from him quickly turning to face him. Her eyes narrowed, and sparkling with anger.

She pointed at him, "I don't know what you guys have planned, but it won't work. My older sister is dead, we won't pay you any money!'

"Do you believe that?"

Taken aback by his calm reaction and question, Angie hand lowered, "what?"'

"Are you sure she's dead?" Adam repeated, he didn't know why he asked the young woman that but as he watched her wilt at his question, her eyes averting his.

"Sh-she is." She said, her voice low, "Serin is dead." She harder this time, her reddened eyes meeting his, as she attempted to hold back her tears, "I won't let you trick us."

Adam observed her silently. Serin wouldn't wish to see her, she would probably hate the idea of her family being in the hands or presence of the undead.

He sighed, and he, himself felt an odd need to protect this feisty young woman in front of him. Letting out a sigh, he simply turned and left the room and locked the door.

He glanced down the hall when he heard crash, Roman was running out of a room and his tray came flying after him. Jane, Serin's middle sister wasn't easy at all, they'd had to tie her up, but now it was clear she wasn't one to let rope stop her...or threats.

Clicking his tongue, he made his down the hallway, hopefully the Yorin Head would return quickly with the manpower to get rid of the Cardinal.