Chapter 27

"You weren't going to fight him?"

Serin said her tone showing her doubt, she raised a single brow. "Gavril isn't a threat Gaius."

Gaius scoffed at that, plopping down in the chair in front of her desk. "Yeah, right." He said, giving her a knowing look, "Serin, it's obvious you two share a, a bond."

"A bond?" Serin repeated blankly, before she released a chuckle as she walked over to her small fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. Shutting she sent an amused look towards Gaius. "Do you remember what happened the last time when I shared a "bond" with someone?"

She shook her head, walking behind to desk and plopping down, "I don't think I'm the best at this whole, finding-a-mate thing."

"Serin," Gaius started his gaze filled with a form of sympathy.

She lifted a hand stopping whatever he was going to say, "I've already decided on my next action," she met his worried gaze with a serious one of her own, "I'm going to go back."

"What?!"

He jumped up, physically shocked by her words. "Go back! You can't!"

"I should," Serin said, her voice hard. Her expression firm, "It's because of me this happened and I think it should be ended by me."

Gaius searched her gaze, for a long second. Trying to figure out what she meant till he fully grasped it, seeing her sad gaze he cursed. "You're not going to sacrifice yourself for us," he hissed. His posture stiff, and his voice taut with emotion, "we don't need a matyr Serin, we just want to keep you safe, and out of his reach."

"Am I out of his reach though Gaius," Serin demanded, her voice thick. Her brown eyes filling with the golden color of their house, "I don't feel like I am, I feel as if he could reach out any second and pull me back." She swallowed, "At any second I would be mindless and in his hold."

She lifted a hand rubbed at her throat, the shadow pain of Ryans fangs slamming into her throat caused a shudder to run through her. "...I can still feel him."

Seeing the haunted look Serin wore, Gaius could only watch in silence. He could only wait for the lull in the tension surrounding before he said in a low voice, "...Your all we have left of Raquime," He caught her attention with that, and held her gaze. "We won't allow you to give yourself up, nor will we allow you to suffer. You are his daughter, my niece and Yorin's take care of their people, no matter what."

"Even if that person brings about destruction?"

"Even then." Gaius said his voice determined.

Her uncle wasn't going to willingly abandon her, nor was he going to allow her to off herself so easily. Serin mentally sighed turning her gaze away from his, she would have to figure it out on her own, or she wasn't going to be able to found the freedom she sought. After all getting killed wasn't as easy as she thought it would be.

**

When Gavril arrived back at the office, he was met with his father standing in his office. He muttered a curse, sending his father's back with disgust. What did that even want with him? Why had he even bothered to return.

Entering his office, he forced himself to dawn an expression of un-interest. "Is there something you need?" He asked, keeping his tone empty of emotion.

His father turned away from the window, he watched as Gavril made his to his desk. He shrugged, "No, but I thought I could at least come and see if you needed anything," "I don't."

Gavril eyes narrowed on his father, "...I'm good."

The silence between them became awkward, his father licked his lips before his spoke once again. "I know it's been hard, since your mother's death. But I want to know I didn't, I couldn't do anything else for her," "Stop!"'

Gavril stood slamming his hands on his desk. "Really?" he sent his father an exasperated look, "Now you want toy explain what you did nearly 20 years ago?" He scoffed, straightening, "You waltz back into the company, I raised from nothing to something. The place I was forced to put on back because you couldn't handle the burden, and 20 years later you've decided it's time to confess your sins?"

He shook his head, his eyes filled with resentment and hate. "Don't bother, I don't need it. Unlike you, I'll protect those I love, and I would die before I snuff them off for the "cause". Disgusted he turned his back to his father, "Get out of my office, and don't come back."

**

She was trying to escape again.

Adam leaned against the wall at the far end of the hallway, the was currently using to wires she'd pulled from her bra to unlock the door. He hadn't thought she'd have the ability, but she was proving him wrong.

The door knob jiggled, he heard the muttered curse word and for some reason he couldn't help the smile that answered her frustration. Angie was an amusing prisoner, she accused from kidnapping to the sex trade. Which on her part had led to an awkward tension, that Adam had dealt with it with a stony expression.

With a silent ease, he strolled down towards her room, she was also very dramatic. She'd tried to smash his head in with a trey, but when he grabbed her and shoved her against the wall. She'd screamed blood murder and accused him of sexual harassment.

Stopping infront of the door, he waited patient till the door opened. It opened revealing wide browns and smiling pink tinted lips. When those eyes landed on him, they dimmed and the lips frowned.

With a curse, she went to shut the door. He cleared his throat, she pause turning her glaring eyes on him, "What?"

He crooked his finger at her, she rolled her eyes reluctantly moving towards him. He reached his palm, she muttered another curse before slapping the wires in his hands.

"I wouldn't have used the same method twice," she protested.

He smirked, and winked. "Sure."

Angie entire face showed her shock, she retreated from him quickly slamming the door on him. Leaning against the door, she frowned as she pressed a hand to her hot cheeks, Before shaking her head, she quickly started thinking on another way to escape.

1H,/