Choices (34)

Hey! I finally uploaded!!! yay!! sorry i was on a bit of a break there but i was just suffering from all this schoolwork andn personal problems and everything and i felt no desire to write :( but now i do so yeh :) epect more uploads in the future

----------------------------------------------------

It was a while before I was finished. The girl in the mirror was someone I had never seen before. She was…stunning. All of her features that she never once knew she had were beautifully enhanced thanks to the simple make up.

"Is that me?" I asked, stunned. My eyes had been greatly enhanced thanks to the eyeliner, my lips looked fuller and i had cut my hair and lightly curled it so it hung just above my shoulders giving me a sexier look. 

Dragging myself away from the mirror, I managed to pile most of my things in a suitcase. Here I was, packing to move away yet again. This time I had a plan.

Harry Potter

Loneliness…Misery…Despair…

Those were the three emotions that have managed to haunt me most of my life. With Ron and Hermione, I had managed to push these emotions away, but now that Ron has left…Hermione no longer talks to me, not unless she absolutely has to. I barely make an effort to talk to her myself. I just don't feel like trying to talk to her either.

When the early hours of morning broke, Hermione and I were up and packing, ready to move to another location. She managed to remove all the safety spells and stayed inside the tent to pack her things. I was still outside when I heard a sudden crack. My hand immediately whipped my wand out and I held it out in front of me.

"Who's there?" I called out.

"Harry?"

"Who is it?" I called out again.

"Harry."

From behind the trees emerged a girl. She was strikingly beautiful with long auburn hair that framed her face and warm brown eyes. Her plump lips curved up into a smile as she saw me.

"Hi."

"Um, who are you?" I asked, my wand still pointed in front of me. I couldn't take any chances.

"Harry, it's me. Amanda."

"A-Amanda?" I gaped. "No. you can't be."

"But I am," she argued. "I'm her."

"Prove it."

She stepped closer, her gaze never leaving mine.

"Don't you agree, that when two people like each other, they should tell the other?" she mummured softly.

A flashback to when we were both in the common room flashed through my mind. Ron had finally told me to buck up and get a move on before someone else came and asked her out. That was the day I kissed her.

“Do you remember now Harry?” she asked, even though it was clear she knew the answer.

“Yes,” I whispered before she threw her arms around me.

I don’t know how long we were standing out there in the cold, but i knew that in her embrace I was warmer than I had ever been in the past few months. We clutched each other together, hugging, just listening to the sounds of each other’s heartbeats and thankful that we were still both alive.

Finally we broke apart. It was then that I realised why I couldn’t remember her.

“You look different,” was all I could say.

Her face wasn’t hers anymore. It was like she had cast glamour charms on herself to completely alter her appearance. She still looked strikingly beautiful but it just wasn’t her anymore.

“I figured it was time for a change,” she said, her voice still soft. “Speaking of changes...Harry, I can no longer be Amanda Cornwall anymore.”

“Huh?” I asked, confused.  “What do you mean?”

“I…it’s too dangerous for me to still be known as Amanda,” she explained sadly “I’ve…become a target to some very dangerous people and I have to change my identity.”

Realization dawned over me as I stared at her changed face.

“Who are they?” I asked “Maybe I can help.”

She shook her head vigorously. “It’s better if you don’t know Harry. From now on, just call me Leslie. Leslie Becker.”

I wanted to know more, but I figured I shouldn’t press further so I just nodded.

“Let’s go inside. Hermione will be happy to see you.” I turned and started heading into the tent when she stopped me.

“Harry, she can’t know about me either,” she said softly. “It’s too dangerous for anyone else to know. I trust you Harry.”

Her eyes looked sad as she said this and I knew I would do anything to protect her.

Anything.