Choices (12)

Amanda

I had never felt so comfortable in my whole life. I felt like I was floating in heaven on a bed made entirely of clouds. I cracked one eye open and saw my regular four poster bed. I didn't remember it being this comfortable though. I pulled back the covers and rolled out of bed.

Wait a minute...this wasn't my room!

Frantically I looked around. Where the hell was I? How did I get here? In my moment of panic I noticed a bottle sitting on a small table. There was a note attached

A

This is potion I made for you last night after you fell asleep. Consider this as my apology for making you wake up early and arriving late

D

PS: you're in the room of requirement by the way

Room of requirement? How did I manage to get from the dungeons all the way to the seventh floor? I would have to ask him about that later.  I picked up the bottle of potion he had made for me. I felt touched by his gesture. I would have to ask Hermione about this particular potion later.

When I walked into the common room, I was greeted by a very worried Harry.

"Where were you the whole night?" asked Harry after embracing me "I was so worried."

"I was...studying!" I quickly said.

"Studying?" Harry looked at me suspiciously "I don't think the library lets you stay the whole night."

"I was in the room of requirement. I figured I needed the peace and quiet if I wanted to boost up my Potions grade." Ok, that wasn't a complete lie...Why did I feel the need to keep lying to him now? Maybe a bit of Malfoy was rubbing off on me...oh no.

"Oh ok," Harry smiled "We can go into Hogsmeade today. I figured I would treat you to lunch. It'll be like our first official date."

"Right," I smiled at him "I'd like that."

--

"So Harry just lifted me up by the ankle and I was just left hanging there..." Ron laughed as he explained what had happened the previous night as we walked down the corridor to leave for Hogsmeade. From the look on Hermione's face, she wasn't too pleased about this new found spell.

"Don't you find this Prince guy a bit dodgy?" she frowned.

"Oh come off it Hermione, it was just a laugh."

"I know that but..."

Harry chuckled as he held me by the waist.

"They're always arguing," I said, stating the obvious.

"I know. "he agreed "You'd think they would at least follow our example and confess their feelings for each other."

I blushed as I remembered the night he had confessed. My thoughts changed however, after I saw Malfoy. He walked past the four of us but not before giving Harry a dark look on his face. His gaze though, was lingered on mine. I couldn't stop looking into his eyes either but the moment past once he had walked away.

"What was that?" asked Harry.

"What?" I was still thinking about the look Malfoy had given me and the night before.

"Why was Malfoy looking at you like that?"

I snapped back to reality.

"I have no idea."

Thoughts of Malfoy began to fill my head again. It seems like all I could ever do was think of him. Wait, am I failing for him? No! That can't happen. I'm going out with Harry Potter for god's sake. I can't fall for his sworn enemy let alone date someone from our rival house.  Who does that? But maybe I could-

"MUNDUNGUS!"

The sound of Harry's voice bought me back to reality.  All I could see was Harry in a furious state pinning a squat bandy legged man with long straggly ginger hair, by the throat against the wall.

"You took that from Sirius's house. What did you do? Did yo go back and strip his house the night he died?" snarled Harry.

"Harry!" squealed Hermione as the man started to turn blue.

There was a bang and Harry's hands flew off the man's throat. The man spun around and with a CRACK, he disappeared.

Harry swore at the top of his voice. Meanwhile I was just standing in the background trying to take in everything that had happened. Did Harry just say Sirius? I had so many questions in my head, but I knew only one thing was important now. Harry. 

He was yelling at Hermione.

"HE NICKED SIRUS'S STUFF. NICKED IT!"

"Harry calm down! People are looking!"

I followed them into then warm atmosphere of the Three Broomsticks. Harry was still fuming.

Hermione quickly ushered us all in a booth and ordered four butterbeers.

"I can't believe him!" said Harry. "How can he just go off nicking Sirus's stuff and-"

"Did you say Sirius?" I asked.

Harry became silent and the three of them looked at each other awkwardly, as if not sure how to explain the situation to me.

"Harry..." said Hermione, uncomfortably "was Sirius's god son."

"Sirius Black?" I asked again.

"Yes." Harry turned to face me "The notorious villain Sirius Black was my god father. Is that a problem?" His tone had become harsh. I was taken aback. Who was this guy?

"No...I actually thought that was kind of cool."

His face softened. "I'm sorry. I guess I've been a little on edge lately. I forgot how much you still need to know about me."

Glad that he had returned back to his normal self, I smiled. "Don't worry about it. We have all the time in the world." I hugged his waist and he kissed my cheek.

"Shall we go then?"

The walk back to Hogwarts was not fun. The weather had become worse and the biting wind was beginning to make my skin itch. We were following Katie Bell but all of a sudden she just stopped. 

At once, she rose into the air with her arms outstretched. Something's wrong, I thought. Then she started to scream. She began thrashing about as Harry and Ron tried to pull her back to the ground.

"Get help!" yelled Harry, while struggling under her writhing body.

I nodded, grateful for the opportunity to leave this terrifying scene. I sprinted to the castle, longing to see someone, anyone, who would be able to help. I ran through the school gates and burst through the heavy oak doors.  I spotted Professor McGonagall talking to Draco Malfoy by the stairs.

"Professor!" I yelled and ran over to her. She was clearly taken aback by my screaming and looked like she was going to out me for another detention but I didn't care.

"Professor! There's...There's...There's..." I was struggling to get the words out properly. The image of her being hoisted up into the air was still burned into my mind.

"What is it Miss Cornwall? I am very busy-"

"Katie Bell...There's something wrong with her! "I managed to gasp out. "She's been cursed or something."

McGonagall's face became grim "Where is she?"

"At Hogsmeade." I took a big gulp of air. McGonagall turned to Malfoy.

"We shall continue this discussion later." Malfoy nodded, his face was expressionless. McGongall swiftly left the building leaving me and Malfoy alone. All of a sudden I felt faint. The room was beginning to spin around me and I reached out for something to hold on to.

"Whoa there Cornwall." I felt a strong pair of hands stabling me. I looked up to see a pair of grey eyes and blond hair.

"Malfoy..."  I breathed before my world turned black.