Choices (5)

Amanda

I took a deep breath...and let it all out

"I don't actually hate you...I just wanted to be closer to him...you're Harry's sworn enemy so ...I decided if hating you brings me closer to him than I would. Me yelling at you and being pissed off about your disappearing tricks gave me a good cover."

There...I had said it...the truth.

He hadn't said anything. He was just so...quiet. 

"Draco...are you ok?"

He smiled, looking out onto the lake.

"All because of Potter huh?" he said distantly

"Yeah..." I shifted in his arms. I was starting to feel nervous. I could feel his heart beating, slow and steady compared to my racing one. We were extremely close. He could just bend down and kiss me if he wanted to.

I want him to, a sudden thought flashed in my mind.

Shocked, I rolled right out of his arms and onto the soft patch of grass. He looked stunned at my action.

"Um we're going to be late for um...dinner! Yeah we have to eat something!" I felt nervous and unable to talk properly. I jumped up and nearly ran towards the building. Behind me I heard him chuckling.

"Always in a rush..." he muttered.

**

The tables were already groaning with the amount of food when we walked in.

"So...I guess I'll see you in Detention," I said awkwardly.

"Yeah whatever Cornwall," he pushed past me towards the other Slytherins. His face had become hard and his tone was cold. Where was the warm caring Draco from before?

"What are you doing with her?" I heard Pansy ask jealousy while giving me a look of disgust. I narrowed my eyes at her and sat down at the Grrinfindor table.

"Nothing. I wasn't doing anything with her. She's just an insecure low life," I heard Draco explain. His friends all burst out laughing, especially Pansy.

"She's so ugly...not pretty at all. Her stupid hair isn't that great either," Pansy jeered.

"She's not that bad," said Bode, his beady eyes greedily looking my back up and down "I'd bang!"

I clenched my fork as I heard this. I was extremely tempted to get up and kick his ass and was just about to when someone put their hand on mine.

"Ignore them."

I looked up and saw Hermione Granger. Next to her was Ronald Weasley.

"Amanda Cornwall right?" questioned Ron.

"Right," I confirmed.

"Nice to see you again Amanda."

I turned and saw Harry Potter sitting next to me. Oh my God! In my confusion with Draco Malfoy's cold reaction, I had been completely oblivious to Harry. I blushed in embarrassment. '

"It's nice to see you too,"

"You two know each other?"  asked Hermione, confused about our relationship.

"Vaguely," I said, unsure of how to respond. I looked at Harry again. What exactly was our relationship? "I guess I've always being in the background."

"Oh ok." Apparently this explanation was good enough for Hermione. "Anyway, don't listen to anything Malfoy or his friends say to you ok?"

"Yeah," Ron's face darkened "Him and his Death Eater friends."

I couldn't help but shiver at that remark. I had almost forgotten that his father served He Who Must Not Be Named. His kind persornality before didn't seem like a son of a Death Eater.

"Is he...really that horrible?" I asked.

"Yes!" They exclaimed. Ron even put down his fork.

"Look, Draco Malfoy is an extremely vile, foul mouthed little git who causes nothing but trouble. In my opinion, he's one of the dark ones." Ron looked proud of his little speech and resumed eating.

"He even broke my nose," I heard Harry say quietly.

"What?!" I was shocked at his comment. "He...broke your nose?"

"Yup," Ron had put down his fork again "He left Harry hidden on the train with a broken nose and unable to get help. Harry would have gone all the way back to London if someone hadn't found him."

"I...I can't imagine him doing something like that," I said, still slightly stunned.

"Can't you!" 'Ron exclaimed yet again. He must really have something against Malfoy.  "You know," his voice dropped to a whisper "We even think that he is a Death Eater himself."

"Ron!"  Hermione gave him a look that said Shut Up. Clear indications that he wasn't supposed to tell a random stranger this information. He cowered under her angry glare. I didn't care though. My head was whirling from the information.

Draco...a death eater?  I always knew he was a little bad but finally hearing someone say it...confirm it...made it all too real.

"Hey...are you ok?"

Harry put his hand over mine, his warm eyes expressed concern for me yet again. I should have been feeling over the moon that his hand was touching mine but after seeing one side of Draco Malfoy and then hearing another side just made it all too confusing. I turned around to look at the Slytherin's table. He was looking at me, his eyes cold and hard. It was so different to the eyes of Harry Potter.

I turned back to face Hermione and Ron who were both arguing.

"Amanda?" Harry shook me gently "Are you really alright?"

"I'm fine," I put on a reassuring smile and continued to eat my mash potatoes that were now cold.

I'm not fine...

--------------------------

Thank you to all my fans and readers!!!! My story is now on the What's Hot list!!!!

Keep reading and voting, i hope you all enjoy it so far XD