choices (21)

I woke up with a start, drenched with sweat and gasping for breath. Frantically I looked around. I was lying in my four poster bed in the common room with my sheets twisted awkwardly around me. I must have been dreaming. I looked down at my injured hand to make sure. There was no sign of any aching or me leaving the room to go to the Infirmary.

The dream had scared me. I knew Draco had a plan to kill Dumbledore, but what if Dumbledore managed to kill him first? I remembered the sight of Draco's limp body and I felt a gut wrenching pain in my stomach and in my heart. He couldn't die. I'd make sure of it.

Scrambling out of bed, I grabbed my clothes and threw them on, not caring about how I looked. I ran down the stairs and pushed the portrait open before sprinting down to the Great Hall. I was just about to turn and enter, when I bashed into someone.

"Watch where you're going!" I snapped before pushing past to get in.

"Whoa, slow down there," the person grabbed my arm, before pulling me into theirs arms.

"What are you- Draco?" I leant in and smelled their jumper. It was Draco's scent. I pulled back so I could see his face and saw his grey eyes and sweet smile. Choking back a sob, I buried my head deeper into his chest.

"Let's go somewhere quieter," he said and walked to the lake with me still in his arms.

"What's wrong?" he asked, after he sat down at my favourite spot.  I couldn't bear to let him go so he sat me down on his lap.

"I was so scared. I thought you had died," I choked out, tears still cascading down my face. He frowned.

"Why would you think that?" he asked gently.

"I had a dream that Dumbledore killed you," I explained "You were in the middle of killing him too."

He chuckled.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY!" I yelled, angry that he found the situation laughable.

"Ok, I'm sorry," he said in a soothing voice. "It was only a dream."

"I know. But what happens if something goes wrong?" I asked "I don't even know what you're plan is. "

"It's best if you don't know what's going to happen," he said, stroking my hair.

"But what if you die?"

"I won't," he stated confidently.

"But what if you do?" I argued fiercely "I won't be able to live without you. I love you!"

I gulped. That last part was a mistake. He was just staring at me, like he didn't know what to make of me.

"I love you too," he finally said "And I promise I'll never leave you."

"Good." 

"What class do you have now?"

"I don't want to go to class."

He sighed "You have to. You've been missing out too much."

"I don't care," I pouted stubbornly. I pushed him backwards so he fell onto the soft patch of grass. I lay on his chest and kissed him. "I just want to stay with you like this forever."

He moaned softly as I deepened our kiss, making it even more passionate.

He pulled away from me reluctantly.

"Are you busy again tonight?" I asked him.

"Not tonight."

"Good," I smiled and leant down to kiss him again but he moved away from me.