Choices (1)

-First time writing Fan fiction...hope you guys all like it :D

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" I snapped viciously. Malfoy and his gang of thick headed cronies began to laugh, delighted at my dramatic reaction. It was another one of their ridiculous pranks, making both my hair tie and head band disappear so that my long wavy hairy would fall into my face. I always hated my long hair. It was a constant distraction and irritation that always seem to get in my way, especially when I was most busy. It would cover my eyes or dip into my glass of pumpkin juice if I leant over, meaning that I would have to wash my hair that night.

 Exams were just around the corner and I had been up late finishing off the homework I still owed Professor McGonagall and Professor Slughorn. Transfiguration was easy but Potions wasn't exactly my best subject.

Frustration due to my lack of sleep caused me to yell at them once more. "DRACO MALFOY, THE NEXT TIME YOU PLAY WITH MY HAIR I WILL...I WILL..."

"You'll what?" he asked snickering. He knew i wasn't good at comebacks.

"I WILL...I'LL CURSE YOU!"

"MISS CORNWALL!"

I turned and found myself face to face with a furious Professor McGonagall.

"What is the meaning of this? Is there a reason why you would need to be yelling threats at the top of your voice so early in the morning ?"

"No Professor. I was just- I quickly tried to explain.

"No excuses. You will have detention with me for the rest of the week."

"But Professor!"

"No excuses!"

My heart sank as she turned to walk away. I couldn't go to detention. I had too much homework to catch up on. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Malfoy laughing at my punishment. I narrowed my eyes. I was going to get even with that foul mouthed git.

As if God had heard me, Professor McGonagall turned around and saw Malfoy clutching his stomach and laughing his head off.

"There will also be detention for you too Mr. Malfoy," she said curtly.

"What?!" He had stopped laughing now. "What did I do? Cornwall was the one yelling at me."

"Unless I'm mistaken, you provoked her didn't you?" She raised her eyebrow. "I expect to see you two tonight outside my office at seven sharp." She turned and walked swiftly away.

I smiled. There was justice in this world after all.

"HA SUCK!" I stuck my tongue out at him. He narrowed his eyes.

"My father will hear about this," he threatened. I merely shrugged my shoulders.

"Good. Your death eater father doesn't scare me anyway." I turned to go but then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"What?"

I turned to see Malfoy looking at me, aghast. "You're not afraid of my father?" He said slowly.

"Yup. He's a coward and a sham." I looked Malfoy up and down "and you're exactly like him." I lifted his hand off my shoulder and walked away. Before I walked out of the Great Hall, I turned my head to look at him.

He was still standing at the same spot I left him, still staring at me with that same aghast expression. I waved to him then turn to walk out leaving him staring after me.