Choices (6)

After dinner, the four of us hung out together. I learnt all about them, how they met, their adventures.  Ron and Hermione were really close the whole time. It was so obvious they liked each other. If only they knew...

"It's funny yeh?"

"Hmm?" I was so lost in my thoughts that it was a while before I realised Harry was speaking to me. Ron and Hermione were busy arguing again and it was just me and Harry sitting in those cosy armchairs by the fire.

"Ron and Hermione. It's so obvious that they like each other," he explained.

"Yeah I know. If only they could get over themselves and go out with each other already," I glanced over at them. They were still arguing like an old married couple.

"if two people really like each other, they should tell the other person right?" Harry asked "That's what I always think."

I blushed when he said that. Agreeing meant that I would be a hypocrite. I liked Harry but I wasn't planning on telling him yet.

"Um...oh my god!" I looked up at the clock. It was five past seven. "Shoot! I'm late for detention!" I stood up hurriedly. To my surprise, Harry stood up too. Before I could leave, he grabbed my arm.

"Do you agree?"

I couldn't answer. My whole arm was tingling. Harry Potter was holding my arm! He was extremely close to me now, looking into my eyes.

"Wha...What?" I was too disoriented to remember his question. Harry Potter was holding onto my arm!

"Do you agree that if two people like each other, they should tell them?" he repeated, still staring intently into my eyes.

"I...I agree, "I said softly. He was really close to me now. The whole common room had gone quiet, like we were the only two there.

He bent his head down and he kissed me.

It was soft and sweet and gentle, exactly like I had imagined it. Harry Potter was mine now. 

A wolf whistle broke the silence. Still in Harry's grasp I turned my head slightly, not wanting to leave the warmth from his body. Fred and George Weasley were perched on the couch with giant smirks on their face.

"Well you two," they both said in synch "looks like you're both loved up."

I blushed again. Ron and Hermione had disappeared and it us just us four. The room was filled with an uncomfortable silence.  I looked up at the clock.

"Oh my God! "I shrieked "It's eight o'clock! I'm an hour late!" Frantic, I pulled away from  Harry and ran out of the common room. I sprinted as fast as I could till I reached Professor McGonagall's office. Not bothering to knock, I pushed open the door and stumbled in.

Draco

Detention was at seven yet I showed up at six thirty. Why? I was hoping to see Amanda. I wanted to explain to her about my cold reaction earlier at dinner. I wanted her to forget about the comments about her appearance. I especially wanted her to forget what Potter and his friends had told her.

At dinner I wanted to do nothing but knock both Pansy and Bode's heads together. How could they say things like that about her?

 But what really pained me was the fact that she was sitting next to Potter and them.  I could hear them telling her about me and my villainous ways. She was reluctant to believe them though which gave me great hope.

Seven o'clock arrived and she still didn't show up. You could see the look of surprise on McGonagall's face when she saw me there and not Amanda. Fifteen minutes past and the frown lines on her face grew deeper. I was worried as well. Finally she stumbled into the room panting and out of breath.

"How very nice of you to grace us with your presence," McGonagall said coolly. That lady was not happy...

"I'm sorry Professor," she panted ,trying to catch her breath "I was caught up in other matters."

"Seeing as this is your first detention and first offense, I'm going to let it slide," said McGonagall.

"Thank you," Amanda slid into the seat across from me.

"While you two continue writing your lines, I'll be in a meeting. I want you two done by the time I come back. No talking." McGonagall's eyes stared us down as she left the room. When we were sure she was gone, Amanda let out a huge sigh and leant back in her chair.

"Tut Tut Cornwall. Late to detention won't look good on job applications will it?" I was curious to know where she had been but I didn't want to be too upfront about it.

"Oh you know one time won't matter," she said smiling. That was weird. Usually by now she would have snapped at me or something. Come to think of it, she was looking pretty happy for someone who was just told off. I remembered her at dinner sitting next to Granger and the Redh head and of course Harry Potter.

"It's Potter isn't it?" I said harshly.  She was clearly oblivious to my harsh tone because she responded cheerily with a "What are you talking about?"

"You and him at dinner time. You must have loved the fact that he was touching your hand the whole time," I mocked.

"What is wrong with you?" she asked frowning at me, her cheery expression gone. I nearly smiled. She was almost back to normal now.

"Nothing, just stating the obvious," I smirked.

She sighed in exasperation. "Well if you really do want to know," she smiled shyly "something did happen."

"What?" My stomach clenched. I don't think I'm going to like the sound of this.

"He...he kissed me."

Oh great...