Choices (10)

Amanda

Determined not to be in McGonagall's bad books again, I arrived at detention ten minutes early. Harry wasn't too happy about me going again but I reassured him that Malfoy wouldn't be stupid enough to try anything on me and McGonagall was going to be there.

Ok, that wasn't the complete truth but Harry doesn't need to know that the teachers have back to back meetings for most of the night meaning that Malfoy and I would be alone together for most of the night.

Detention was silent apart from the scurrying of quills across paper. I wanted to say something to break the awkward silence but nothing came to mind.

He left first but not before reminding me to hurry up and meet him in the Potions room. I waved him off with a flick of my hand while counting the number of lines I had already written. Twenty more lines to go and I would be free. At the end, my hand was starting to cramp slightly. I rubbed it gingerly whilst walking towards the dungeons. Too bad I wasn't able to write both left handed and right handed like my father. It was a great relief for him as an author to be able to switch hands whenever he felt tired. I hadn't been giving that special skill when I was born. Most of my features had been from my mother's side. Sometimes we both wondered what part of me was my father for there seemed to be no similarity between father and daughter.

"Took you long enough."

I jumped in fright. Deep in thought, I hadn't noticed that I'd arrived at the dungeons.

"Malfoy! Don't sneak up on me like that." I placed a hand on my heart to calm it down.  He chuckled, delighted at my reaction.

"Shall we start? I have other things I have to do," he motioned to the bench.

"Of course," I smirked "We wouldn't want to keep Pansy waiting."  Malfoy rolled his eyes.

For the next two hours, he began to teach me all he knew about Potions. I found that his method and way of explaining was much simpler compared to Slughorn's and not as complicated as Hermione's notes. He caught me looking at them, took one glance at it and threw it in the fire behind him.

"Hey! I needed those!"

I bent down to see if any pages could be salvaged but it had all turned into ash.

"Those "notes" are a load of rubbish," he said calmly.

"What do you mean?" I slapped his arm "It actually helped me a little."

He rubbed the place where I had slapped him and rolled his eyes "Always with the slapping," he muttered. I grinned sheepishly.

"I think that should be enough for today," he said as I yawned in agreement. "Go to sleep," he patted my head "you've earned it." And then he was gone.

Tired, I made my way back to the common room. It was past midnight and everyone was already up in their dorms. Everyone except Harry. He was lying on the couch fast asleep. He must have been waiting for me. I smiled as I took in his sprawled position and lopsided glasses. Sensing someone watching him, he cracked one eye open.

"Amanda?" He sat up and readjusted his glasses. "Since when does detention run that late?"

"McGonagall was pretty tight when we wrote our lines," I lied "I had to write more because I was late yesterday."

"Sorry," he grinned apologetically. "That was probably my fault."

"Don't worry about it," I smiled and knelt down "It was worth it." I kissed him lightly on the lips and drew back but Harry pulled me down and kissed me again- much more passionately.

"Much better," he whispered. We spent the rest of the night together with locked lips and entwined arms. At that moment, I had never felt so satisfies or so full, full of Harry.

"I love you," he murmured in my ear.

"I love you too."

Draco

What I had originally planned was now turning out to be a lot harder than expected. Minor problems began rising up, What if questions began to clutter my mind. I was beginning to lose the will to eat or sleep. People were beginning to notice my disappearances. Questions weren't good. It brought me closer to failing and that wasn't an option. On top of that I had to tutor Amanda. Normally I would have brushed her off by now but how else was I going to see her?

Thoughts of Amanda had also begun to occupy my mind. I didn't want to disappoint her by ending the tutoring sessions but I was just too busy tonight. She was going to have to wait a few hours if she really wanted to learn Potions.

"Pansy let me borrow your owl," I demanded when I saw her.

"No, not until you tell me what you relationship with Cornwall is." She crossed her arms, waiting for a response.

I groaned "What are you talking about Parkinson? There is nothing going on."

"Yes there is. I've seen you looking at her. I've seen the way you react whenever Bode and Blaise talk about her. Don't lie Malfoy!"

I was stunned. Since when was she so observant...and so smart?

"I'm being serious Pansy," I softened my voice "She's just someone I've taken an interest in because of her relationship with Potter. Understand?" I was lying but I knew Pansy wouldn't be able to see through my act.

"Fine," she agreed. I nearly smirked. Not smart enough Pansy...

I quickly scribbled a note and sent it on its way.

"To Amanda Cornwall," I whispered to the owl when Pansy had turned away and sent it out the window.

-----

whoo thnx again you guys

am now on page 23 of the What's Hot list

keep voting for me XD