Part 3

...Abhimanu and Shanaya got on exceptionally well from the time the left the train and huddled around in a group circle with their friends who eyed them suspiciously wondering what they had got up to on the three hour train journey across Europe but they stayed mum and continued smiling while they discussed what was going to happen next.

Surprisingly...or by destiny...they were staying in the same hotel, Shanaya a floor above Abhimanu and they had decided that they would enjoy their trip around Europe together as a group. The others had also got to know each other well and they were all ready to explore the place and enjoy their holiday.

The first week went by within a flash with Shanaya and Abhimanu spending all their time together learning about each other, exploring new places and not to forget always talking about DDLJ whenever they could.

It was the night before their return to England when Abhimanu had invited Shanaya to a rooftop dinner in Paris; a little hesitant at first she accepted with a blush and was excited for the evening while her friends were too busy enjoying themselves.

"Hey Abhi..." Shanaya smiled as she walked up to the table where Abhimanu was sitting waiting for her.

"Shanaya..." he stood up and made his way over to her; "...you look beautiful..." he gave her a quick hug and handed her a single rose, then helped her to sit before sitting down opposite to her.

"Thank you..." she blushed.

They decided on a few dishes then ate away with their silent thoughts; once dinner was finished they both understood that their time together was coming to an end.

Abhimanu held out his hand to Shanaya and helped her up once they had finished dessert; she raised her eyebrow at him silently but through his eyes he asked her to follow him to the end of the rooftop and they both looked out into the distance at the Eiffel Tower which was glistening in blue light.

After a few moments Shanaya spoke up; "It's so beautiful..."

"Not as beautiful as you..." Abhimanu whispered which made her turn to face him.

She smiled; "Why do I get the feeling like you want to say something to me..."

"You're right..." he sighed.

She nodded her head for him to go on; he continued to hold her hand.

"Shanaya...these two weeks with you...have been the best time of my life..." he started; "...I really like you...and I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye just yet...do you think we can keep in touch...and try to make this work?"

"Yes..." was all she could manage to say.

Abhimanu smiled; he knew it was also difficult for her to say goodbye and did not think it was best to push it any further; instead he decided to change the subject and atmosphere by grinning cheekily; "Shanaya...how about a trip to Mumbai?"

She grinned with a raised eyebrow; "What? I mean...why?"

He moved back a little and looked at her; "Yes...I mean...I just had this great idea...we're both die-hard fans of DDLJ...right...?" she nodded her head slowly; "...then we both should reunite in Mumbai...and watch it in cinema...what do you say?"

Shanaya smiled widely and nodded; "I think that's a great idea...I'd love to..."

Abhimanu pulled her in for a gentle hug and she wrapped her arms around him taking in this moment.

Story moving along too fast? Sorry...but I'm in two minds... should I just make it a one shot? Please let me know...

Roze