Part 8

Hey to all my dear readers...I'm so sorry for the late updates...but I'm back now and I have Good News...DDLJ story is completed...I have finished writing the story till the very end...I'll be posting frequently so please continue to post your comments and Vote!

...The next morning Shanaya left the Mansion early; before anyone was awake; she left a message with the kitchen help for Priya telling her that she was going shopping. She got herself a taxi and made it to the Gateway of India to meet Abhimanu; she just couldn't wait any longer to see him. It was nine thirty when he arrived and she flung her arms around him tightly not wanting to let go.

Abhimanu put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer; he whispered in her ear; "I missed you..."

She moved back slightly and looked into his eyes; "Abhi...I've given this a lot of thought...and this really is the only way out of this situation..."

"Go on..." he told her.

"We have to go back to London...let's just run away..." she told him still in his embrace but he let go of her and stood back.

"Shanaya..."

"Just a minute Abhi...this is all my fault...whatever happened yesterday was my fault...I should have been brave and spoke to my parents but I just couldn't...and now I can't face them...and most of all I can't marry Vijay...I don't like him...he creeps me out...and I love you..." she said; "...we have to go back to London...once we're at home and away from these people I can speak to my parents and be with you..."

"I understand what you're saying Shanaya but if you run away now don't you think you're parents will be more hurt than if you just tell them the truth?" he asked.

She was silent for a moment then shook her head slowly; "Then what should I do...I can't tell them when we are still living in the Modhi Mansion..."

"I've thought this through...and we'll solve all the problems..." Abhimanu told her and she looked at him with interest; "...just go ahead with being engaged..."

"What?" she yelled; "Abhi I can't do that..."

"Shanaya you will have to...just hear me out please..." he held her hand gently and gave it a small squeeze.

"Okay..." she sighed quietly.

"Can you please be engaged with him for now...and tell your parents that you want the marriage to take place back home in London with your friends and family..." he looked at her face to see that she tried to come to terms with what he was saying; "...this way you will have time to turn him down..."

Shanaya thought for a moment letting Abhimanu's words in; "That might just work..."

Abhimanu smiled down at her; "I know it will...and you have nothing to worry about...even though you are engaged to him that doesn't change anything between us...I love you and always will..."

"I love you too Abhi and I'm sorry for putting you through so much trouble...I know you're not saying it but I still want to say that I'm sorry if I've hurt you..." she said looking into his eyes.

"Shanaya...you haven't hurt me...I'm fine..." he smiled warmly; "...I just want you to know that I will always be there for you...I will do anything to keep you happy even if that means I have to suffer a little...because I know that in the end you will be mine...Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge...right?" he winked at her.

Shanaya blushed madly as he said that; it was their special thing; the one that brought them together and would be the end of their story...