Part 6

...Happy New Year!

...As an instinct Abhimanu looked up from his phone and noticed Shanaya standing there; he blinked his eyes twice making sure it was her standing there in a black lace top which came to above her knees and a pair of faded blue jeans; yes they were matching, and a side bag hanging by her waist. He smiled and nodded to her; she couldn't help but run over to him and fling her arms around him taking him into a big hug to which he accepted by putting his arms around her and pulling her closer...

... "I've missed you so much..." she said still in his embrace.

"I've missed you more..." he whispered against her hair.

They moved back and looked into each other's eyes for what seemed like eternity.

"Come let's go...this is the moment we've been waiting for..." Abhimanu smiled at her.

She nodded her head excitedly; "Those two months were tediously slow...I can't wait any longer..."

Abhimanu held her hand and they walked into the building; buying their tickets they made it straight to the theatre hall and settled down a few minutes early. They kept looking at each other every now; there was so much to say but in the excitement of meeting again no words were needed for them to enjoy this moment.

The film began; Abhimanu held her hand gently not wanting to let go as their eyes were glued to the screen and their hearts thumped against their chests in exhilaration. The film went on and their happiness continued to build up as they re-watched the movie for the ninety-ninth time. When the Europe trip scenes of the movie came on they looked over at each other sharing smiles as they remembered their trip, their first meeting and all the fun they had during the two weeks they spent together.

The scene of Simran in bed and Raj played a joke on her was on the screen and both Abhimanu and Shanaya sniggered at the same time then turned to look at each other; "What's wrong?" Abhimanu whispered to her.

"It's just that I've watched the making to this scene so many times and I know how many takes they went through to make it perfect..." she replied in a whisper.

"I was laughing at the same thing..." he sniggered again; "...they couldn't stop laughing all the way through this scene..."

They went back to watching the movie in silence still hand in hand.

"I can't believe this is actually happening..." Shanaya thought to herself as she watched the scene of the last day; Raj, Simran and their friends were looking through pictures of their trip; "...we are actually here...together...dreams really do come true..." she smiled to herself.

A while later the word "INTERVAL" came onto the screen and some people started to walk out; Shanaya turned to look at Abhimanu who was already looking at her.

"Let's go get something to eat...?" she asked.

He nodded and the both stood up; Shanaya got to the steps and was about to walk up but she felt him hold onto her hand to stop her and she turned to him with a questioning look.

Abhimanu slowly knelt down holding her hand he looked into her eyes; "Shanaya Kapoor...these two months and two weeks that I've known you...have been the greatest time of my life...our holiday in Europe was destiny...we were meant to meet...speaking to you every night and every morning is all I wait for...just to hear your voice...and today...seeing you after two whole months...I just want to let you know that I love you and I can't stay away from you any longer...I love you Shanaya Kapoor...will you be my Simran...the one I've been waiting for all my life...will you marry me?"

Shanaya was in tears; her hand covered her mouth to stop herself from crying but she just wouldn't stop; she had found her Raj and she knew exactly what to say.

"I will..." she cried.

Abhimanu let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding and stood up; he was almost steady on his feet when she flung her arms around him and hugged him close.

"I love you too Abhimanu..." she whispered in his ears; "...I love you too..."

His arms tightened around her and he smiled happily as the crowd who had witnessed this all cheered for them and a round of applause continued as they moved away and looked at each other; Shanaya with a watery smile and Abhimanu whipped her tears away smiling happily.

Sometime later the movie started back up and they settled down with arms around each other as they continued watching their movie with a new thought on their mind; there was no more awkward feelings as they enjoyed this moment to its fullest...

...Unknown to them; Abhimanu's proposal was witnessed by someone sitting at the back of the hall; the person had been watching them from the time they entered the theatre all the way until Abhimanu had proposed and Shanaya had accepted. He was furious at this new finding and made sure to do something about it as soon as he could...

...So guys DDLJ story is back...and once again I apologies for the long gap...I hope you liked this chapter....Please post your comments and VOTE! 

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!...Roze x