Part 14

...Abhimanu ran out of his room and down the wide hallways; he didn't know where to start looking for her but his mind was furious at Vijay for taking such a drastic step; all he could think about was Shanaya being alone with that guy and he fumed running faster out of the building towards the garden.

He suddenly stopped and looked around; some of the guests were stood there gossiping about what had just happened and further out in the distance he noticed the bride and grooms family were still at the mandap arguing with each other.

"Concentrate Abhi..." he said to himself; "...where would he take her...?"

Questioning himself he felt stupid as well as angry at himself for leaving her alone with him.

"Aarrgghhh!" he shouted in frustration and ran his fingers through his hair thinking of all possible places they could be; he ran his fingers through his hair once more and a thought struck him.

He turned around knowing their location; he ran back towards the guest rooms; away from all the guests towards the quiet side of the palace. Once he arrived into the building he listened at each of the room doors for the sound her of her voice but there was nothing and he became more frustrated. As he neared the end of the corridor he heard the sound of breaking glass and his head spun around towards the sound; he ran to the door.

"ABHI!"

He frowned as he heard the pain in her voice but what he heard next made him furious.

"Shout as much as you like...no one will know where we are...your lover won't find you until I'm done with you..."

It didn't take him more than five seconds before he kicked the door open with all the force in his body and stormed into the room towards his target.

Vijay; who was hovering over a timid looking Shanaya; turned to look at the doorway and was shocked to see Abhimanu standing there. Just as he shuffled off of her he felt a strong hand grab hold of the back of his sherwani and pulled him off of the bed swinging him towards the wall. His right side smashed against the wall with such force making the photo frames on it fall off its hinges and onto the floor.

He looked up with fright written all over his face as Abhimanu towered over him and yet again pulled him up by the collar of his sherwani and swung a tight punch across his jaw which made his mouth fill up with blood and he spat it out onto the floor.

"Ab" he cringed in pain but Abhimanu wouldn't stop and continued to punch him in the stomach and again across his face until he was completely bruised.

He continued to punch the daylights out of Vijay until he heard her soft cries; he shoved Vijay roughly to the side of the room but he was in no state to stand on his feet; and a few seconds later he passed out.

Abhimanu walked over to the bed to see Shanaya in a vulnerable state; her knees were pulled up to her chin and her face was hidden behind her arms which were crossed on top of her knees; she sobbed silently and he placed his hand gently on her hand feeling very sorry for her and angry at himself.

At his touch she flinched away and refused to look up making him curse himself for her being in this situation but he knew that he had to make her comfortable and bring her back before she hurt herself or worse shut everyone out of her life. 

He sat down on the bed in front of her, moving his head closer to her he whispered; "Simran..."

Shanaya sprung out of her cocoon and flung her arms around Abhimanu as if her life depended on him; he put his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him; she hid her face into his chest and cried uncontrollably.