Part 12

...Shanaya woke up early the next morning, she hardly got any sleep at all but when she did wake up from her small sleep she was almost wide awake. There was a knock on her room door and she called out nervously; "Come in..."

"Shanaya..." Priya called out quietly to her.

"Good morning mum..." she replied sitting up in bed.

Priya walked over to her with a big smile; "Come on beta wake up...it's your wedding day...you need to start getting dressed..."

Shanaya stayed quiet as a lump formed in her throat; she was unable to say anything as she wondered what had happened of the video; hadn't anyone seen it as yet, was there a change of plan.

"Come on Shanaya get up...I have everything set out for you in your walk in closet...go and have a shower...your beautician will be here soon to do your hair and makeup..." Priya told her.

She stepped out of her bed and went to the balcony looking out onto the lawn where the wedding was going to be held. She heard Priya excuse herself from the room telling her to quickly get dressed one last time; she sighed with a heavy heart praying silently that everything would work out according to their plan...

...A few hours later she was fully ready in her wedding attire, nervousness was understatement at the moment as she continued to twist her hands around each other; she hadn't heard anything from her friends or even from her family and she was being kept away in her room with her heart beating roughly against her chest and her mind running wild.

Suddenly there was a knock on her room door and she turned her head towards it; no words left her mouth and a second later she watched as Asha came rushing into the room.

"Shanaya..."

Asha stood watching her speechless; Shanaya noticed that she was in shock and something had happened.

"What's happened Asha?" Shanaya stood up quickly.

"You have to come with me..." Asha said grabbing hold of her hand and dragging her out of the room.

"Will you please say something...?" Shanaya called after her but she just shook her head.

A few moments later they rushed down the stairs; Shanaya was a little more careful in her heavy outfit and high heels. They made it to the grand hall to see a crowd in a huge gathering and their voices were getting louder and louder. Shanaya noticed her parents looking angry as well as the Modhi Family, some other family members, all of her friends; Ram and Sanjeev were shouting at Vijay who looked ashamed of himself.

Shanaya walked towards the crowd and it slowly parted for her to walk into the centre to stand beside Ram and Priya; the hall had now gone completely silent as they all watched her.

"What's going on?" she asked no one in particular.

"Shanaya...dear I'm so sorry..." Ram looked at her apologetically; "...this wedding is cancelled..."

"Dad..." she looked into his eyes to make sure she hadn't heard wrong.

"I'm really sorry Shanaya but I can't let you marry this..." he was unable to go on as he fumed in Vijay's direction.

Shanaya looked at Vijay, he was wearing a very expensive sherwani and was all set for this wedding but his eyes were bloodshot from last night and she could tell that he was suffering from a terrible hangover.

"What happened?" she asked quietly.

Asha who was still standing next to her explained how they all received the video of him throwing himself onto Priyanka and misbehaving with her. Shanaya looked over at Priyanka who seemed to be crying and walked over to her; she gave her a hug and the two girls cried silently; Shanaya with happy tears knowing what was going to happen next and Priyanka being a very good actress.