Part 15

...Abhimanu's parents arrived at the end of the very next day and were just in time for dinner; they entered the dining hall and searched for their son but he was nowhere in sight.

"Where is he?" his mother asked looking around.

"I don't know...let me call him..." his father said pulling out his phone but stopped when he heard his name being called.

"Vikram Singh!"

"Who asking?" he replied turning around; his face turned into a shock expression; "...Ram Kapoor...saale...what are you doing here?"

Ram walked towards him with a big smile; "...You'd be surprised to know..." he replied clapping him on the back in a manly hug; "...I'm the father of the bride..."

Vikram moved backwards and looked at him; "You're joking..."

"I'm serious..." he laughed; "...who would have thought that our kids would fall in love with each other..."

Priya walked over to them with a happy smile; "Neha...Vikram..." she gave Neha a quick hug; "...surprised to see us?"

"Very..." Neha nodded; "...we didn't know that Shanaya was your daughter...we didn't even expect it...we haven't met each other for over twenty years...it's just been so long..."

"And that's all thanks to Vikram for moving out of London..." Ram accused him; "...and never contacted us..."

"Okay I'm sorry...can we just drop this topic...where is the new couple?" Vikram changed the subject..."

"Mum...dad...you guys made it..." Abhimanu smiled as he walked over to them with Shanaya beside him and he gave Neha a quick hug; "...how was your journey?"

"Rushed..." she replied; "...but we're here now and very happy to know that your in-laws are long lost friends of ours..."

Abhimanu and Shanaya looked between each of their parents and back at each other; "Seriously..." they said together.

"That's really cool..." Shanaya grinned excitedly.

"She's even more beautiful in person..." Neha smiled at her and gave her a quick hug.

"We definitely approve of your choice..." Vikram told his son who still hadn't got out of the shock of his parents knowing his in-laws.

"Abhi...?" Ram said putting his hand onto Abhimanu's shoulder.

"Yes uncle..." he looked at him coming out of his shock.

"All okay?" he asked and Abhimanu nodded in return; "...I knew from the very first time I saw you that there was a reason why I liked you...you're Vikram's son...very comedic and knows how to serve drinks very well..."

"And Neha's son...always helpful and caring..." Priya smiled at him affectionately.

Abhimanu was enjoying the attention while Shanaya watched him with a happy smile; she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder; "Well you guys can have him...we'll swap him for Shanaya any day..." Vikram teased and Abhimanu's mouth dropped open in shock while they all laughed at him.

"There's just one thing I don't understand..." Shanaya spoke up looking at her parents; "...if you guys are all good friends then how come we've never met before?"

"Vikram and Neha lived in London when you two were kids...Abhimanu was about five when they moved to Birmingham and then we lost contact..." Priya told her.

"I moved to London again when I started Uni...and have been there for the past six years...I was going to move back to Birmingham after our trip..." Abhimanu looked into her eyes; "...but by destiny I met you...and I changed my decision to stay in London..."