Part 5

...Shanaya finally built up the courage to speak to her parents about a trip to Mumbai; to her surprise they thought it was a great idea for a family holiday as they hadn't been for years. Seeing this as her only way to going she accepts happily thinking of meeting Abhimanu and watching DDLJ in the Maratha Mandhir theatre...her only mission!

...Before she knew it a month had flew by and she was over the moon to know that she was heading to Mumbai and she would be meeting Abhimanu very soon. Over the month they spoke every day; way into the night and very first thing in the morning. They had become the best of friends and were very close to each other; it was slowly starting to feel like love and all they waited for was to finally meet again...

...Shanaya and her family had arrived in India; Ram Kapoor's close friend insisted on them staying at their home in Mumbai to which he just could not refuse. With other important things on her mind Shanaya paid the slightest attention to her parent's plans for the next couple of weeks as they drove from the airport to the Modhis' mansion.

After a short while they arrived and were stood outside of the huge mansion being welcomed by Sanjeev and Juhi Modhi.

"It's been a really long time Ram..." Sanjeev grinned while he hugged Ram.

"Yes it has...and now we're here let's make it one of our best reunions ever!" he replied.

Juhi smiled warmly; "I hope you all had a nice journey...come on inside..."

Shanaya and Khush followed the adults inside while looking around at the beautiful decor in the hallway leading to the living room; Shanaya was impressed and thought about how well this holiday would turn out to be. The adults carried on conversing with each other after all the introductions went around and they had some drinks.

A while later they all were disturbed as they heard loud noises coming down the stairs and into the living room; Shanaya and Khush exchanged funny looks ad they heard two people arguing and the noise level getting louder while Priya signaled them to be quiet. 

Juhi on the other hand frowned and stood up just in time to see her two older children walk into the living room squabbling over something; finally noticing guests they stopped yelling and looked apologetically at their mother.

"Priya...these are my two kids...Vijay and Nikita..." Juhi introduced them before turning to her kids; "...this is the Kapoor family...Ram is your dad's oldest friend...his wife Priya and their children Shanaya and Khush..." she told them.

"Hi everyone..." Nikita grinned widely walking forward to greet Shanaya.

Shanaya smiled warmly at her; "Hi...nice to meet you..."

Shanaya looked beyond Nikita who had now moved on to greeting Priya towards the young man still standing in the doorway. He sent a cute grin in her direction to which she accepted with a smile back; this little interaction didn't go unnoticed by the two women sitting in the same room who were now sharing sneaky grins at each other with a lot working away in their minds...

...The Kapoors' had settled into their rooms and were spending their evening relaxing; Shanaya was just too excited about meeting up with Abhimanu the next day that she spent the rest of the evening going through her suitcase picking out her outfit.

Laying on her bed later that night she sent a text to Abhimanu informing him that she had arrived in Mumbai and was waiting for his reply which came a few seconds later.