Father!Sniper x Child!Reader

"Now it's all about steadiness when you're snipin', sheila."Your father says quietly positioning your shoulder as you held his sniper rifle.

"Keep the dot on the target. Aim at its head and stay still. When ya thoink ya have you're target; boom, headshot."He says.

You had your one eye closed as you scoped at the target's head.

"I'm gonna shoot now..."You say quietly. "Alroight. Now. Deep breath. And pull the triggah. Stay relaxed."He says.

You take a deep breath and relaxed yourself. You pull the trigger.

Boom!

Zip!

Crack!

You fell back onto your bottom because of how strong the shot was. You quickly got up and put the sniper rifle down as you ran at the target to see how you did.

"How'd ya do, sheila?"Your father asks. You look at how you did and sighed sadly. You shot the arm instead of the head.

"I missed."You says crossing your arms, pissed off now.

Your father walks over to you and looks at your work. He sighs also,"Don't worry, sheila. Just need a little more practice. That's all."

"Hmph. I'm nevah gonna be at snipin' loike you, dad. I suck at thois."You say, tears forming around your eyes.

"No. Don't say that. It's joist that you're a late bloomah. That's all."He says hugging you.

"Late bloomah or not, dad. I'm nevah gonna be a good Snipah loike you are."You say.

The man's heart sinks hearing his own daughter doubt herself.

"C'mon, sheila. Let's head back to the base and eat. We'll practice a little more lat'ah."He says holding his leather fingerless gloves hand out to you.

You sigh and take his hand. You both walk towards the base.

"Sniper! How did she do?"Scout asks walking over to you.

"Improvement."Sniper says.

"No improvement at all. He's joist saying that so I wouldn't feel bad for myself."You say.

"Oh. Don't worry, kid. With a bit more practice I'm sure you'll do fine."Scout says.

"Roight."I sigh.

The three of you walk inside and went into the dining area.

"Howdy, guys. Got your sandwiches ready for ya'll."Engineer says with two plates with a sandwich on them and handing them to you and your father, the Sniper.

"Thanks, Engi."You say as you slumped in a chair and ate.

"What's up with your little darlin'?"Engineer asks Sniper.

"Ah she's joist upset that she couldn't hit her target. What disappoints me the most is that she's doubting herself. Sayin' she isn't gonna be a good Snipah like me and she was nevah going to good at snipin'."