1 - Arrival

Akarina's POV

'Trees... All I see is trees'

I had been walking for the last few weeks. That's a lot for a 4 year old. My food and water supply had finished 3 days ago and now I was really, really hungry. The reason I was here now was still fresh in my mind.

*flashback*

A little redhead was running home excitedly, holding a beautiful blue flower. She followed a path that took her to a cozy looking home. But she had a really bad feeling at the pit of her stomach and it was driving her nuts. She ran even faster, if that was even possible. Reaching her home everything was quiet, too quiet. As se stepped in the house, she noticed blood on the usually clean floor. As she walked further into the house, she heard voices she didn't recognize at all. When se peeked into her parents room she saw two men in black cloaks with red clouds. Apparently they were questioning someone in front of them but sh couldn't see who it was. One of them growled lowly and whispered something into the other's ear. They both disappeared in a cloud of smoke. After the smoke had cleared, she finally saw who was there.

"Momma! Papa! What happened to you?"

The woman's head was bowed and didn't move at all. Unlike her, the man's eyes widened and he started panicking. The little redhead threw herself next to him and started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Why wasn't I here before? Had I been here this would've never happened!"

The man raised a shaking hand to the girl's head and hushed her.

"No baby, don't blame yourself. Remember what I taught you and be strong because I have to tell you something very important."

The girl immediately wipped her tears eventhough some were still falling. When the man was sure he had her attention, he started talking.

"My daughter, your mother and I have lied to you. You're not our real daughter. You were given to us by a stranger wearing a black cloak, all he told us was your name, that you were from Konohagakure and that you were a jinchuuriki."

"W-what's a jinchuuriki?"

"Jinchuuriki are humans that have a tailed beast sealed within them. You remember what a tailed beast is right?"

"Yes I remember but which one do I posses?"

"You, my daughter, posses the nine-tailed demon fox Kyuubi. You understand right?"

"Yes I understand."

"I need to ask you something before I die. Can you do that please?"

" I will father, whatever you ask for."

" I need you to run, run as fast as you can and never turn back. The men that were here before, I can still sense them. You have to escape to Konohagakure. There is a bag in the closet full of supplies for a two-weeks journey. Take it and run."

The little redhead slowly nodded and obediently ran to get the bag and get out of there. And so her long journey began

*flashback_end*

Yep, that was definitely the worst day of my life. Seeing both the people that raised you for the first four years of your life die and not being able to do anything. I felt tired hungry and emotionally drained. I stopped crying a week ago and I felt numb. Thankfully, my troubles are coming to an end. I think I can see some gates in the distance.
I started running as fast as my short legs could take me and I was getting more tired by the second. When I finally reached there were two men there. I think there was fog because their faces looked very blurry. I saw their mouths moving but I didn't process anything except them asking for my name.
I felt darkness engulfme as I whispered my answer.

"Akarina Uzumaki..."