4 - Meetings II

Akarina's POV

I kept walking through the village looking around every now and then. I finally reached at the heart of the village. It was filled with life and action. Unlike my previous village, everything here felt warm and welcoming.
My eyes were drawn to a particular shop. It seemed as if it was calling me. My eyes were constantly drawn to that particular shop. I finally decided that I would give it a try. Besides, I still hadn't eaten since I passed out, and that was a really long time ago.
As I was walking in, someone suddenly bumped me from behind and I fell face first into the floor. I instantly felt something heavy fall on top of me. If the fall with Sasuke didn't break anything, this sure did. I felt the person scramble from on top of me and lift me up. I was kind of dizzy at first, you would be if the weight of a behemoth was just dropped upon you. That and the incessant rambling in front of me. I stuck my hand out to shut up whatever contraption was making such infernal noise. When I finally regained my focus, and most of my hearing, I was staring at a pair of beautiful and familiar cerulean eyes. They were full of innocence and unshed tears. I didn't notice it started talking until my ears were bleeding. My hands instantly shot out to shut him up.

"If you would please talk slower and a little more quiet. I would like to keep my ears for a very, very long time, Ya know?"

I gave him one of my closed eye smiles. He was looking at me as if I had grown a second head. I tilted my head to the right and looked at him.

"Umm, are we gonna go in or..."

He snapped out of whatever trance he was in and looked around him.

"Are you talking to me?"

My temper instantly flared. This is totally not in my control okay? I just snap when someone asks a moronic question ya know.

"No you dimwit I'm talking to my foot. Of course I'm talking to you! There isn't another human being that has blonde hair within a 20 feet radious, right!?"

He just gulped and nodded. I took his hand and pulled him to a stool in the counter. A smiling old man came to take our orders.

"Good morning little missy, what can i get for you on thus fine day?"

I smiled at him warmly. Hey it's not everyday a stranger is nice to you, especially with the Ibiki incident. Okay, so what do i want? Wait a second, what did this shop even sell?

"Um sir, if I may ask what this fine eating establishment sells I would give you my order with pleasure."

"You mean that you don't know what place this is?"

The boy with the cerulean eyes gave me an incredulous look, daring me to answer him.

"Nope. I came here because it seemed as if something in here was calling me ya know?"

They just stared at me and blinked. I did the same. The man smiled and told me this was a ramen shop. But what the heck is ramen ya know? It seems I was thinking out loud because they both had different reactions. The old man had a look that said,

'Well I hope she gives it a shot and tries it.'

On the other hand the boy had a look of pure horror and disbelief. One that totally screamed,

'Is this a human being?! Why is she asking that?! Doesn't she know what ramen is?!'

I think my guess was very accurate. The boy started rambling about how good ramen is and it's the best thing in the whole entire world. All of his rambling was starting to make me dizzy again so I stuck my hands out again to shut him up. When I did he shut up.

"OK when I count to 3 I will remove my hands from your mouth and in a calmly and quietly manner you will tell me your name. After that I will tell you mines and then we'll both order ramen and eat. Is that OK with you?"

He slowly nodded and I removed my hands.

"Naruto. My name is Naruto."

I nodded and smiled.

"Nice name. I'm Akarina. Nice to meet you."

I stuck out my hand for him to shake. He seemed hesitant at first, as if I was gonna trick him. He then slowly raised his hand and connected it with mines. Then we shook hands. And it felt good, as if we were connected, as we had met somewhere before. Then it hit me like a wall of bricks. He had my eyes. Those eyes full of despair, hurt, anger and betrayal. He had been through a lot and I could see that. I wonder if he's a- no I don't think he's cursed with this. At least I hope not.

When we let go of our hands, he stared at me with wonder. We placed our orders and dug in when they came. Since it was my first time trying this food both the old man and Naruto looked at me, wanting to see my reaction to it. I broke my chopsticks and put the first bite of the famous ramen in my mouth. I was not prepared for this and neither were they.
I shot up from my seat and jumped around, screaming to the world about the great thing called ramen. Both men cheered as I returned to my seat to finish off the rest of the food. After that, I ate about 8 more bowls. Naruto ate 10. Mr. Teuchi said I could come back anytime. During the time we were eating we talked a lot of randomness with Naruto. It felt nice and comforting to have someone your age to talk to. When we were to part ways, I stuck out my hand to him.

"Well this is were we part ways. It was nice meeting a new friend and I hope wee see each other again, ya know?"

I smiled at him and he slowly raised his hand for me to shake. We shook hands and he gave a full blown smile. I was surprised. It felt nice to be smiled at.

"Yep. It was very nice talking to you, believe it! I hope next time we meet I'll be hokage."

I smiled at him. I was sure he would someday achieve that dream. I waved at him as we parted ways. Hmm I wonder what awaits me in this big village. I just decided to smile and take everything on. Who knows what'll come next.

NARUTO'S POV

Man, my first friend. It felt good to have someone to talk to. Her eyes were just like mine, and not only in color. I could hear all around me people yelling foul things at me, but I didn't care. I had a new friend and I swear I will protect her with my life. She is my first friend. Akarina. I hope to see her soon.