6 - Itachi

Akarina's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. It was a beautiful sunny day outside, nice enough for me to go shopping for clothes. I did my daily routine and had an apple for breakfast. I locked my door and made my way to the market place. There should be a clothes shop there.

On my way there many people greeted me happily and wished me a nice day. I wonder if they knew about the nine-tails inside me, would they still treat me the same? Well they all look nice enough. But looks can be deceiving. Nah, I'm over analyzing things like always.

I soon spotted a shop that looked decent enough and made my way in. It was filled with clothing of all types. I bought tops, skirts, pants, dresses and cloaks. I was so happy I had enough money to pay it all. I even had a little extra. There conveniently was a weapon shop right n next to the clothes shop. I needed new weapons anyway. I walked in and an elderly face greeted me.

"Hello there, can I help you with anything?"

"Um hi, yes I need new weapons. How much for the shu—"

My jaw instantly dropped at the sight of the katana infront of me. It was black and had beautiful carvings of foxes around the blade and hilt. It had a beautiful leather case with a small rectangular space where the name of the owner can be placed.

I. Need. That. Katana. Now.

"SIR I NEED TO KNOW THE PRICE FOR THIS MASTER PIECE CREATED BY GIFTED HANDS YA KNOW !"

"Hmm. Its very expensive. Tell me, how much do you have?"

I showed him all the money I had. He was about to answer when someone walked into the shop. We both turned to see who it was. Lo and behold, Itachi Uchiha walked in. He walked inside and looked at us. The shop owner came to and told me

"Girl, how do you plan on buying such an expensive master piece with so little money. This is worth so much more than that. I bet it's even worth more than you. Besides judging by your looks, you seem like a weak little girl with no skill at all. You wouldn't even be able to lift the katana, much less handle it."

Ouch! Damn him. I was close to tears when I left the shop. I ran without a sense of direction to the nearest park.

I sat on the swings by myself softly pushing myself. I then saw movement to my left. I turned to see who it was and there was Itachi, sitting on the other swing looking up at the sky with those dark eyes of his. He looked down,then back at me giving me a closed eye smile. I was surprised but I couldn't help but to return it.

"Hey Akarina. How have you been?"

"Not as good as how I felt this morning. I'll just get over it by tomorrow, ya know?"

I offered him a weak smile. He didn't return it and had a very serious expression.

"Is this about what the shop owner said?"

"It might be."

I really don't like telling people my burdens. He stood up from the swing he was in and went to stand right in front of me. He looked at me with that intense gaze of his while taking my face in his hands.

"Don't listen to the negative things others say about you. Just keep your eyes on you goal and don't let anybody drag you down."

He poked my forehead with his 2 fingers and stood up. I was in like a trance while staring at him with admiration.

"How about I train you how to weild a katana?"

I whipped my head towards him. Was he serious?

"Yes I am serious. Now would you like me to teach you yes or no?"

"Yes yes yes please!"

"Okay go to training ground 16 at 7. Make sure you're awake and ready to train."

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I'll be there sensei I won't let you down,ya know?"

I was so happy I jumped on him and hugged him. I got off him and ran to my house happily.

I reached home. I walked in and threw myself on the couch with a smile on my face. Tomorrow I was gonna start my training again. If he's anything like dad, I better be ready for anything.

*ITACHI'S POV*

A look of pure happiness replaced the sad, tear stained look she had when she left the shop. Its a good thing I bought the katana before the other person walked into the shop. She intrigues me. Her eyes show a pain too great for a child her age. No child should be put through such pain at such a young age.
Her eyes have pain but when you look past that you can see the pure childish innocence and happiness in them. I know she will be great for Sasuke in the near future. I hope mother and father don't mind if I bring a visitor home tomorrow night. I think she will intrigue father too when he senses the great amount of chakra inside of her. Sasuke will be so excited but this will be a surprise for him.

I smiled to myself as I walked home that evening.

'Hmm, Akarina huh. I wonder what you have in store for Konoha.'