13 - Gambling

«THIRD PERSON'S POV»

It was already nearing sundown when the 2 females reached a village. Both were tired and sleepy. Akarina was so tired she didn't even notice the village they had walked into. There was only one thing in her mind: a bed. She dragged herself behind Tsunade while her eyes were slowly closing.
'To hell with it...'
Akarina gave into sleep's awaiting arms and fell to the ground with a thud.
Tsunade walked in the direction of the hotel she was residing in when she suddenly felt as if she forgot something. She stopped and turned to look behind her. The sight before her made her chuckle. There was Akarina, on the ground, sleeping like a baby. Tsunade sighed, knowing she would have to carry her the rest of the way. She walked back, picked her up and walked into the hotel. She walked straight up the stairs to a room on the 2nd floor. She knocked as best as she could with the child in her arms. The door was opened by a fair-skinned girl of average height and slender build. She had black eyes and hair. Her hair was straight and shoulder-length with bangs that cover her ears and frame her face. A pig walked from behind her oinking at her master.

"Lady Tsunade, you're back already? And who is that?"

"Yes Shizune. This is Akarina Uzumaki and she'll travel with us for a year."

"You mean Uzumaki as in the jinchuuriki of ½ of the nine-tails?"

"Yes now let's rest. We've travelled a long distance. She fell asleep right before we reached the hotel. Tomorrow we have a lot of work to do."

"Yes Lady Tsunade."

Shizune bowed and everyone in the room retired for the night.

√AKARINA'S POV√

The bright sunlight seeping in from the window awoke my tired body. I sat up and looked around. I was in an unfamiliar room, it had two more beds and a door which I assumed lead to the bathroom. The memories from yesterday rushed back to me in an instant.
'Hmm I wonder where Lady Tsunade is...'
I got out of the warm and cozy bed. Terrible idea really. The cold hit me like a ton of bricks. It was freezing! It wasn't this cold when we came yesterday, right?

The door opened and a girl I had never seen before appeared.
'I wonder if Lady Tsunade changed her mind and left me with the first stranger she found on the road...'

"Oh, you're awake! I thought I would've had to wake you up."

I gave her a forced smile trying to not be rude.
'I shouldnt be rude! She could've left me on the road but she didn't ya know!'

"Oh, where are my manners! My name is Shizune. I'm Lady Tsuande's apprentice too."

I felt a huge sigh of relief escape from my lips. What a relief!

"It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Akarina Uzumaki ya know!"

'I didn't know Lady Tsunade had another apprentice!'

"Well, we were just waiting for you so we can head out for breakfast. After that we'll be on our way! Get dressed and don't unpack anything okay?"

"Okay!"

I did my morning routine, got dressed and we headed out. I followed Shizune out of the hotel into a terrible looking place. The moment we walked in a bottle was thrown at us. I barely dodged it while Shizune seemed unfazed by it. It was almost as if she was used to it.

"Why are we here? Aren't we supposed to meet Lady Tsunade at some diner or restaurant or something? This place freaks me out ya know?"

"Well, I guess you don't know as much about her as much as I do. Well I'll explain as soon as we get out of here, okay?"