10 - Academy

«Time Skip 1 Year»

It's been 1 year since I left the Hidden Mist.
1 year since I reached the Hidden Leaf.
1 year since my adoptive parents were murdered.

It may seem like a long time to some, but to me it felt like the blink of an eye. So much has happened in one year. For example, Ryuuji and I are now officially best friends, we even exchanged necklaces to represent the promise that we will always remain best friends no matter what may happen. Naruto is practically my brother from another mother and sometimes I just wish we were related, one can only dream. My training has also progressed greatly since I started training with Itachi and Shisui. Did I mention how much I love those two? No? Well I do ya know? Shisui is my idol and I really want to grow up to be a strong ninja like him. He may be a knucklehead sometimes but he's really special to me. Itachi has taught me so many new things that have made me stronger. Let me just tell you the weights were of great help and I have now moved on to heavier ones. And how can I forget Sasuke, my...I don't know what he is yet but I know he is very dear and special to me.

I am now officially 5 years old. My birthday passed 3 months and coincidentally, Naruto's birthday was the same day. Who knew?

Today is my first day at the academy. I wanted to ask Ryuuji if we could go together but I then remembered he was gonna go with his dad. Sasuke was probably gonna go with one of his parents or Itachi. I didn't know about Naruto but I didn't wanna be a burden to him, especially with those despicable villagers. He may not know it but I've noticed all the hate-filled glares thrown at him whenever we walk around. I have heard the whispering and gossiping of the women around the market and it disgusts me. How can they say such things about a child who has done absolutely nothing to them? They remind me so much of the people back at the Hidden Mist. Looks can be deceiving. Sure Naruto pranks people here and there but he does it to get acknowledged by the people. It's not fair that he is treated like dirt. And now I'm ranting. I guess it rubbed of from either Ryuuji, Naruto's or Sasuke. Nah I think it was already in me.

I came out of my house and started making my way to the Academy. When I reached, I saw many parents with their children. Some were crying and begging their parents to take them back home. Tch, they chose to become ninja, suck it up dweebs!

I suddenly felt out of place, everyone was here with at least someone that was related to them in one form or the other, everyone except me. I looked around trying to find someone to talk to but most seemed to be with their parents.

"Hey Akarina!"

I turned around and saw Ryuuji waving at me with Kakashi by his side. I made my way over to them and greeted Ryuuji with one of our usual friendly hugs. I felt like someone was watching me. It felt as if I could actually feel the glare penetrating my back. I let go of Ryuuji and looked around. I couldn't find anyone that was looking in my direction so I just shrugged it off.

Sasuke's POV

I walked in with Itachi-nii and we waited for whatever that was going to happen to begin. The moment I walked in I felt the gazes on me. When I looked around I noticed most of the girls staring at me so intensely it was uncomfortable. I looked around not stopping to look at anyone in particular until my eyes landed on a sickening scene. It was that Ryuuji guy hugging Akarina Uzumaki. I should be the one in his place, she should be hugging me. A scowl instantly made its way to my face while I glared at them, no, him in particular. Itachi-nii seemed to notice and followed my gaze while a smirk made it's way to his face.

"Well little brother, it seems my words have come to pass. Someone did come and swept her off her feet."

"Nobody is sweeping anyone off their feet. Not if I can help it." I murmured the last part to myself but it seems as if Itachi-nii still heard.