11- Proposition

°Third Person's POV°

"Hmm what kind of proposition old man?" Akarina asked him interested in his offer.

"Before I tell you, I would like you to meet two very important people."

"I think we'll take it from here Lord Hokage. My name is Tsunade and this is Jiraiya. We are-"

"Woah! Stop right there are you Tsunade and Jiraiya as in two of the legendary sannin?" A wide eyed Akarina asked.

"Yes we are those two."

"OMG!!! You're like my idol ninjas!!! My name is Akarina Uzumaki ya know!"

'She is just like her...' Tsunade thought to herself. 'She even got her phrase and red hair.'

While Akarina was talking, Jiraiya's eyes wondered back to Tsunade's assets. Tsunade wouldn't have noticed had it not been for the annoyed groan Akarina made while glaring at Jiraiya.

"HEY JIRAIYA!!! IT WOULD BE GREAT IF KEPT YOUR EYES ON A PERSON'S FACE RATHER THAN THEIR CHEST YA KNOW?"

'She also got her temper.' Thought Tsunade with a sweatdrop.

"I AM DOING NO SUCH THING YOU BRAT!!!" Jiraiya answered with a red face.

"SAYS THE OLD MAN THAT WAS STARING AT LADY TSUNADE'S CHEST SINCE I REACHED YOU PERV!!!"

"SHUT UP BEFORE I MAKE YOU!!!"

"AS IF YOU COULD!!! I THINK YOU'RE NOT EVEN THAT STRONG IF YOU'RE SUCH A PERVERT!!! YOU SHOULD BE KNOWN AS PERVY SAGE INSTEAD OF TOAD SAGE!!!"

"YOU DISRE-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH FROM BOTH OF YOU IDIOTS!!!" An annoyed Tsunade screamed while hitting them both.

"Tsunade is right, that was very disrespectful Akarina."

"I'm sorry Lord Hokage." Akarina looked down with a tearful gaze.

"It's okay my child, but you Jiraiya acted in a very immature way! How could you just start arguing with a five-year-old child who has no knowledge of what is wrong or what is right. I'm very disappointed in you. Please apologize."

"But Lord Hoka-"

"No buts! Apologize now! She already apologized now it's your turn!"

"Fine, I'm sorry." Jiraiya looked down in shame.

When he looked in Akarina's direction, he saw her giving him a peace sign while quietly giggling. Smoke could be seen coming out of his ears. Before he had any time to say anything the Hokage spoke up.

"Now Akarina what we came here for. Tsunade and Jiraiya are offering to take you in as their student."

"Really?!?!" Akarina asked.

Jiraiya was amazed at the glint of joy in her eyes. He couldn't be believe she was this enthusiastic to learn from them. Especially since it seemed as if she didn't like him very much at first.

"Now Akarina, what do you say?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! I can't believe the Slug Princess and the Toad Sage came all the way here just to train me in my own village ya know?"

"Umm Akarina... We aren't training you here..." Tsunade said with a tight smile.

"What?!"

"You're gonna be gone from this village for 3 years. So you have to leave what you have here until you come back and you're also gonna miss your first 3 years at the Academy." Jiraiya answered with an emotionless face.

"Ohh..." Akarina looked down in thought.

Her face looked sad and troubled. She had to go, this was her one chance to train and gain experience in the ninja way. If she wanted to be strong she had to make sacrifices for it.

"When are we leaving?" Akarina asked with a new found determination in her voice.

Jiraiya was surprised at the sudden change in her. He thought she would decline since she had to leave everything and everyone she knew behind in order to go with them and train.

"We'll leave tomorrow at dawn. Is that okay with you?" Tsunade carefully answered.

"It's perfect. Were will we meet?"

"We'll meet at the gate at 7 o'clock sharp. Okay? We'll explain everything then. For now I suggest you go and pack your stuff and if you plan to say goodbye to anyone do it today okay?" Tsunade said with a firm voice.

"Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Don't be late." Jiraiya said.

"I won't be ya know?"

She bowed and walked out. Jiraiya looked at Tsunade and found she was already looking at him. Her eyes were soft and distant.

"She really is their daughter huh?"

He nodded, looked out the window and then at her. He gave her a soft smile and thought to himself,
'Akarina Uzumaki... I wonder what you have in store for us...'