r e d v e l v e t

"Chocolate remedies adversity." – Jareb Teague

■ □ ■ □ ■ □ ■ □

"Alright, I've succumbed."

"Succumbed to what, exactly?"

"I don't know."

"Wow, thanks."

"Look, what I mean is that you're really nice to talk to, okay?"

"Gasp! Fletcher's showing affection? What's next, occasional compliments?"

"Dude, really?"

"Geez, it was just a joke. Cheer up, grouchy."

"How am I supposed to cheer up? I'm going to lose one of my last shreds of happiness soon!"

"Tell me more about Waffle Cones, then. Why does it mean so much to you?"

"Well, Waffle Cones is where I met Alex, who's been my best friend since we were hired by Melanie. I also met Erin when she got roped into working there, along with her friend Scarlett."

"Scarlett, huh? Pretty name."

"Before you get any ideas, I'm not dating Scarlett either. She's into flings rather than long-term relationships. Anyway, they're my family now. Waffle Cones brought us all together, and I can't bear to lose the shop."

"You know how I said you couldn't get any more sappy than The Notebook? I lied."

"Shush, let me finish. Meeting my second family wasn't even the best part. While I was working, I picked up the phone and heard your voice. You've changed my life since that day, and I would never take that back."

"Aw, Fletcher. That speech takes the sappy cake. Seriously, I'm gagging."

"Oh, shush, Sushi."

"Not a chance."

"Well, now Waffle Cones is going to be knocked down and turned into a stupid business enterprise, along with all the stores surrounding us, which is pretty damn depressing."

"No shizzle swizzle, Sherlock."

"Besides, it's not like we can offer the construction workers some ice cream and expect them to give us the shop back without a second thought."

"Wait, that gives me an idea!"

"What?"

"Fletcher, I know how we can save the shop!"