3

Nine hours later found me laying exhausted in my new room, on my new bed, in a new home. After being shown around, we brought in our stuff and were shown to our rooms. The house/mansion has four floors. The first floor is the necessities of living. It has the kitchen, living room, and dining room type stuff. The second and third floors are where all twelve bedrooms are, and the fourth floor was basically the game and entertainment floor. It had an unnecessary amount of flat screen plasma TVs and practically every gaming system that you could think of. Of course, my favorite part of the tour was going out to see the lawn that is perfect for soccer. There are even goals set up farther out on the lawn. There're also two garages, a pool, hot tub, and a gazebo. Now, back to the bedrooms. All the kids' rooms are on the second floor which is split in half by the stairs so that there are three rooms to the right and the other three to the left. Alex and my rooms are on the left while Maya and Sam's rooms are on the right of the staircase. I must admit though that after seeing my room, any doubts that I had left about John went out the window. My room was legitimately awesome! It had a very sophisticated-casual vibe to it. The room had black carpet and the walls were black with white designs. In my room, I had a huge king-sized bed with black silk sheets, an HDTV, a computer desk with a desktop computer, and a laptop. Over in the corner, I had two beanbags and there was a balcony that overlooked the soccer field...umm...lawn. There was a bathroom that was connected to my room but instead of it being black like my actual room it was a silvery grey. In the bathroom, there were two sinks, a shower, and a Jacuzzi tub. Anyway, the rest of the day was spent with everyone just getting to know each other. I learned that while Alex and I are both sixteen and juniors in high school, I'm two months older than him. Sam and Maya are both freshmen this year, but Sam is a year older than Maya. I also learned that John is some kind of super successful business somebody with multiple companies across the globe. When it started to get late, we were told to get ready for bed so that we could be well rested for school tomorrow. I was honestly hoping for a bit more time to adjust but because they're already three months into the school year, we probably need to start catching up as soon as possible.

I looked over at the boxes that I haven't yet unpacked still sitting in the corner of my room. Somewhere in one of those boxes lies my most prized possession, my lucky soccer cleats. I haven't been able to play in days and I almost feel as if I'm about to start going through withdrawal. I'm hoping that the conditioning tomorrow will be enough to curb my soccer deficiency. Before I realized it, I was drifting off to sleep to dreams of soccer fields.

"Riley!"

I shot up in bed. It took me a few seconds to gain my bearings and remember that I was in my new room. It took a couple more seconds to find that the person who had yelled my name. The culprits were standing at the foot of my bed grinning from ear to ear.

"Ugh," I huffed as I laid back down. "What do you guys want?"

"Well, since it's our first day, we're going to help you actually look decent today," Sam informed me with Maya nodding in agreement. I made the mistake of glancing at my clock.

"I swear that time better be wrong Sam because I know that you didn't wake me up at five o'clock in the morning. I just know you didn't." I practically yelled, sending them both a death glare. Maya actually flinched a little but Sam, who had definitely gotten used to them, was completely unfazed.

"Nope. Clock's right. But you're not going to your first day at a new school in jeans and a sweatshirt." Sam sternly while crossing her arms.

"Fine." I sighed. I knew that when she got like this there wasn't any changing her mind.