11

I woke up with a strange weight on half of my body. Curious as to what it might be, I opened my eyes only to be met with a head of caramel hair. I could only lay there confused before the events from last night came rushing back to me.

"Crap," I whispered to myself. Or, at least, I thought I whispered it. As soon as the word left my mouth, Sara started to move. I could imagine that the worry and dread were plain on my face as I watched her register our current position. I held my breath as she finally turned to look up at me. However, my worry left the moment that a massive smile spread across her face as she moved up from my chest to kiss me.

"What's wrong?" She asked as her smile slowly started to disappear. "Are you... do you regret last night?"

"Of course I don't regret last night," I answered as I brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear before placing a small kiss on the corner of her mouth. "It was definitely one of the best nights of my life. I was just worried that you would have changed your mind or that you thought we were moving too fast. I wasn't sure if you would still want me anymore." I honestly answered.

"Riley, I meant what I said last night. I still want to be yours. I've wanted that for a while now actually. But, if you think that we are moving too fast, I completely understand, and we can just take our time to work on this relationship. I mean...I don't mean to assume that we're in a relationship now just because we've had sex. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything. Not that I think that I'd-"

"Sara," I said with a smile, cutting off her rambling. "Will you do me the extraordinary honor of being my girlfriend?" She looked down at me in shock.

"What?"

I sat up, bringing her with me, before turning to look into those beautiful hazel orbs. "I don't want this to be a one-time thing either. I feel this connection to you and I would like to explore it further. You're a beautiful, badass soccer player who I'm elated to be captaining with. You're my best friend and I know that I will always be able to count on you to be in my corner. You're the reason that I am able to smile every day and I know for a fact that I would be completely devastated if you weren't in my life. You're everything I could possibly want, and it would make me extremely happy if I could call you mine. So, Sara Hamilton, will you be my girlfriend?" Before I even knew what was happening, I found myself laying back on the bed as I was smothered in kisses.

"Yes, yes, yes! Yes, I will be your girlfriend, Riley Chase!" She exclaimed as she punctuated each 'yes' with a kiss. I laughed before pulling her in for a proper kiss.

"Well, this has been a great morning."

"Yes, it has."

"We could make it an even better morning." I husked out as I gently rolled us so that she was underneath me.

"I don't know. I'm not sure much could top the morning I've had." She teased with a smirk.

"Challenge accepted."

***

It was almost noon when we finally emerged from my room. I must admit that I felt a sense of pride as Sara was unable to walk normally down the hallway. Even still, I pushed her against the wall for a few quick apology kisses that turned into a semi-steamy make out session. With us being unable to keep our hands off of each other, it took us way longer than it should have to make it down into the kitchen. However, as soon as we walked in the kitchen, we both stopped dead in our tracks. Adrian and Maya appeared to be playing tonsil hockey in the middle of the kitchen.

"That was quick." They immediately jumped apart from each, turning around in a panic before relaxing when they realized that it was us.

"Please don't tell Alex." Maya desperately pleaded. All of a sudden, Adrian's comment about Alex being the devil made sense. Although, I did wonder how long the two of them have been a thing. I remember the first day I met Adrian, he didn't even know that Maya existed.

"Why are you so worried about Alex finding out?" Sara asked curiously. I was wondering the same. They both seemed really freaked when we first came in. I wonder if Alex pulled the big brother card and doesn't approve of his little sister dating.

"I know it may not seem like it, but sometimes Alex can get really mad. And whenever he gets mad, I don't know what exactly, but something...happens to him. The last guy that pissed him off ended up in the ICU after Alex threw him through a brick wall. I just...I don't want anything to happen to Adrian because of me. Alex has practically forbidden me from even looking at guys so if he knew..." Maya dejectedly explained.

"Then, he'd freak." Adrian finished. "And while I'd like to think I could take Tremmor in a fight, he'd mop the floor with me."

"I understand. I really think you should probably sit down and talk to him though. I mean, Alex is your brother not your dad. As far as I'm concerned, as long as Sam doesn't date some douche, then she can do whatever she'd like. Same goes for the both of you. Whatever you two have going on between you is your business, not mine. The only person who I'd care about dating someone else is right here." I finished, wrapping my arms around Sara's waist.

"Wait. What?"

"It's about time."

Maya and Adrian both said at the same time.

"We became official this morning."

"That's great! I'm glad to see you two finally together. It has been painful watching the both of you pine over each other." Adrian said with a giant smirk on his face.

"I wouldn't say that we were pining, it-"

Sara was cut off by a knock on the door.

"Who is that? Is anybody expecting anyone? Sam and Alex both have a key and they left about ten minutes ago. They can't be back already." Maya asked as she left to go answer the door. We all stood silently in the kitchen as we tried to listen to the conversation at the door. They weren't speaking loud enough for any of us to be able to discern any of the voices. We didn't have to wait for long though because we soon heard the sound of three different footsteps coming in our direction. We all watched the kitchen doorway as Maya walked back into the room with two guys...well, men.

"Riley? They say that they know you." She questioned as she waved her hands awkwardly in their direction. However, I could only stand there in shock at the people behind her.

"I'm sorry for the slight confusion. She's only met my son Richard here. But I am glad to finally be here. It's good to finally be able to meet you, Riley. My name's Leo."