12

"Hey guys, I'm going to go talk to these gentlemen outside," I said, in a voice that was surprisingly void of the rage that I felt coursing through my body, as I turned to walk out the back door.

"Riley," Sara said, grabbing my wrist. "Is everything okay?" I turned back around to see Sara, Maya, and Adrian looking at me with a worried expression. I felt the anger drain from my face as I locked eyes with Sara.

"It's fine," I told her as I gently placed my hand over her hand. "I promise. I'll be right back babe." She gave me a small nod before she let go of my wrist. I leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to her lips before I turned and continued out the door with the unwanted visitors following along behind me. Only when I was sure that we were far enough away that no one could eavesdrop, I stopped and spun around to face them. As much as it pained me to admit, there's no way for me to deny that the man standing in front of me contributed to my conception. A lot of my physical appearance is very obviously from this man. The first thing that I noticed about him was that he was tall, probably even taller than John. He had bright grey eyes and dirty blonde hair that sat in a messy pile on his head. His facial features had a softness and, dare I say, kindness to them. And he had a darker blonde van-dyke styled beard. That was it. Unlike Richard, Leo didn't seem to have any tattoos or scars from what I could see. He wasn't even muscular. He reminded me more of a basketball player; slim and skinny build but still toned. And, as if that didn't freak me out, he was wearing Jordan's, black jeans with a white shirt, and a black cap that he had on backward. He didn't look anything like how I had imagined he would. He just looked like a normal man.

"What do you want?" I growled at Leo, my anger quickly returning to me.

"I wanted to meet my daughter and my first-born child for the first time." He sighed out as he put his hands in his pockets. "I understand that you're pissed at me, and you have every right to be, but I have been looking forward to this moment the moment your mother told me that she was pregnant with you. It killed me to have to leave but I had to for your sake. If I had stayed, you would have never been able to live a normal life. I did what was best for you, Riley."

"I am sixteen years old. Sixteen. And you think that after all this time I would just accept some shit answer like that?! No! You had nothing to do with my life. I lived a normal life because there was actually a man willing to step up and be the father that you weren't. He didn't run out on us. So, yeah, that excuse about me "changing" or whatever is crap."

"I know that Jason told you about what being my oldest child means. I know that he told you about some of the things that come along with it. But, I need you to understand that it is extremely rare that a female is the firstborn. Since you are, you'll be unable to carry children to term and yet, your main goal will be to create heirs that will continue the line. Your sexual preference isn't just happenstance, it's you changing. What happened between you and your girlfriend in there was your body responding to my proximity. That primal instinct you felt? It wasn't just your teenage hormones kicking in. Just like how yours are changing now because I'm so close to you. If I were to touch you-"

"What do you mean my eyes are changing?" I interrupted.

"They look more like Dad's now than like mine. You've got that weird, bright, glowy thing going on." Richard answered. I looked over at Leo's eyes and tried to picture them on myself. It honestly looked badass in my head, but I wasn't going to let them know that.

"So, you're saying that my sexuality is because of this crap from you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes." He sighed.

"Good to know."

"This 'crap', as you call it, is also responsible for your soccer abilities and your physical skills in general."

"Oh, really? Well, if this 'superpower' or whatever is responsible for my skills, then how is Alex almost as good as me?" I really thought that it was a fairly innocent question. However, I found myself to be greatly mistaken as his face quickly changed into one of pure fury.

"I don't know whether to find it very coincidental or suspicious that you are under the same roof as my sister's spawns," Leo growled. It was at that moment that I saw a flash of the real Leo. Despite my big talk, that small flash was enough to make me take a step back in fear. I noticed that Richard did the same.

"Father?" Richard nervously called. Leo only closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he opened them again. The moment he did, I honestly wished that I had never asked the question in the first place. His eyes were full on glowing a bright grey and his face had turned into a hard, cold, stone mask. I was looking at the real Leo. This was the Alpha.

"He is strong now because he has already changed. How he is now is as strong as he'll get. After the girl changes, she will be even weaker than him. I have a sister, a twin, which has never happened before for our kind. Never have we had the first-born be a twin. She was birthed first and I was second. Because of this, our father believed that she would be the one to inherit the title. He thought that she was the heir. However, when we turned twelve, I began to show the signs of the heir and she didn't. Because we were twins, she was stronger than a second-born should be, but she was still weaker than me. But, because she wasn't the heir, she was able to conceive and bear children. Those two abominations in that house are hers." I won't even pretend that I wasn't scared shitless from the pure power that was radiating off of him. However, somewhere deep inside of myself, there was still this small brave (or possibly stupid) part of me.

"What makes them abominations and why do you hate them so much?" I defensively asked.

"They aren't supposed to exist! She wasn't supposed to exist! And because they do, her first-born, the boy, can take your title from you if you don't claim it!"

"What? Alex wouldn't...he doesn't even know about any of this." I stuttered out in shock. Leo growled menacingly as he stepped towards me. I immediately stepped back in fear.

"If you think for ONE SECOND that my sister isn't planning to use that boy to get my power, then you're sorely mistaken! And if you even THINK that I am just going to stand by and allow that to happen, then you're a fool! I don't give a damn about whatever that boy might or might not know. Because, whether you want it or not, you are going to accept your birthright." Leo snarled, still continuing towards me.

"Father-" Richard called out warily.

"NO! This isn't OPTIONAL! Riley, you will either come here and accept it willingly or I will make you! Take your pick." Leo roared. I could only shake my head as I continued to try and put as much space as possible between me and him.

"No, I don't want this! I'm not going to do it!" I screamed as I prepared myself to run away.

"Riley, come here," Leo ordered. I was about to refuse again but my body began to walk towards him against my will. I stopped about a foot from him. "Not only am I your father, but I am also your ALPHA. You DO NOT refuse me. But I promise you will understand soon." And with that, he grabbed me. I was engulfed in what could only be described as pure agony before I succumbed to unconsciousness.