Tommy

Chapter 5
Thomas's pov 
We get home and I pick up Newt and bring him into the house. I set him on the couch and go grab the first aid stuff.

"Newt take some water." I said putting the cup up to his mouth and tipping it up so he can drink it.

"I need to take off your shirt to look at the cuts and bruises."

He nods and grabs his shirt trying to pull it over his head, he winces in pain and I put my hands on his and we take his shirt of together hand in hand, staring into each others eyes the whole time

Whenever I touched him it's like a shock of electricity went through my whole body I almost pull my hand away but I didn't, It gave me a since of comfort having his hand in mine.

His whole torso is covered in cuts and bruises, there is barley a spot where there isn't either or. His neck has a mark all the way around that makes it look like he tried to hang himself. He has a black eye, bloody nose and he has a scratch across his cheek.

I get a warm cloth and start cleaning up all the blood.

"I know Gally is a jerk and all, but he could have killed you, what did you do to him?" I ask although I know Newt isn't gonna tell me anything.

He didn't say anything for awhile, he just sat there as I cleaned all the blood."Everyone is gonna hate me." He says choking as a tear rolls down his cheek.

"Newt," I gasp at the fact Newt is crying and he is actually opening up to me.

He starts crying and I stop cleaning him and hold him in my arms as he cries.

"What happened?" I say, my own voice cracking just because it upset me to see Newt upset.

"I was just so mad. I was mad at the world. That's why I said that to Malia, that's why I was a dick to you, that's why everyone at school hates me, it was her name, I just couldn't take it, no one should have her name, I miss her so much." Newt rambles on crying even harder now.

I am level 100 confused right now.

"Newt who's name, who do you miss? Talk to me."

He calms down and tries to explain, but stops to catch his breath and sniffs his noes every 10 seconds.

"I know I was a dick to everyone since I got here, that's not the type of person I am. I was just mad, I didn't want to accept that I had to live here," he sighs, "I guess I should start with what happened to my father... And my sister." He says choking up again.

I never even stopped to think about Newts father let alone the thought that he had any siblings.

"5 years ago, me, my father and my sister were in a car accident. That's why I have a limp. I was 12 and my sister was 5. I-iii-I wa-was t-the onllly survivor." He says with a tear rolling down his cheek. I don't know what came over me but I cupped his face and wiped it away with my thumb and then grabbed his hand giving lacing my fingers with his.

"My sister was my best friend, we were super close, a lot like you and Malia. Malia is just like my sister. Outgoing, smart, curious, strong, not even just that but she had big brown eyes just like Malias big blue ones. I have been so bloody mean to Malia because she reminded me of my sister but I didn't want a new sister, I didn't want to replace my sister. And my mum, she looks at Scott- or your dad- the same way she use to look at my dad. We left London, our home, everything that reminded us of my sister and father and I just didn't want to forget or my mother to forget about our real family. And you and everyone else just got caught in my rage. I said some pretty mean things to people at school..." He sighs.

"H-her name was Thersa." He starts crying again.

"The same name as-" I start.

"Gally's girlfriend." He finishes. Realization washes over me. He probably lashed out at Theresa when she told him her name because it reminded him of his sister. Then Theresa told Gally which is why Gally bet up Newt.

"Everyone hates me." He cries.

"Newt not everyone hates you."

"You didn't hear the things I said Tommy, you didn't hear the things I said." My heart flutters at him calling me Tommy. He barley even has called me by my name.

"I don't hate you." I whisper. He takes his head out or my shoulder and stares at me in the eyes. His eyes are red and puffy and his face is bruised from the punches, but he still looks absolutely stunning, he takes my breath away.

I wipe away his tears again, never breaking our stare, "Malia is 5, she probably has already forgot what you said, and as for the people at school, apologize. What's said has been said and you can't take it back, all you can do is apologize, and if they don't accept that then they don't get a chance to meet the real Newt." I smile at him.

"Thank you tommy, thank you." He whispers putting his head back on my shoulder, so I wrap my arms around him. And we just lay there, the Newt I always knew was in there, laying in my arms.