The truth

Chapter 16
Third persons pov
"W-what." Newt stutters.

"You heard me. You said you were dating Thomas. He's your brother. Why are you dating your brother." Claire smiles innocently sitting back to watch her whole plan explode in front of her.

Thomas just sits there too shocked to move. No one knows about Thomas and Newt being kinda brothers, not even Minho and this was how he was gonna find out. Now that Claire knows, he knows it isn't gonna be long until their parents know. Thomas finally snaps out of his shock and looks to see Newt struggling to find a response.

"Newt don't even answer her."

"Well he can always give me that kiss." Thomas can't even believe Claire. Newt doesn't even know her, why is she doing this to him! She just went way over the line and Thomas couldn't hold it back anymore.

"What did Newt ever do to you Claire! He doesn't deserve to get this shit from you. Just leave him alone!" Thomas screams.

Claire's friends were smirking along with her, Thomas and Newts friends feeling sorry for them, and some other people who just wanted to play truth or dare were very confused. Minho wanted to step in and stick up for Thomas, but he was also a little interested to hear what Claire was talking about. So he didn't.

"He has to do either or Thomas. You chose." Her continuous smirk just aggravated Thomas even more.

Thomas looked over to see how upset Newt looked and as much as Thomas hated the thought, he needed this to end.

Thomas grabs the others hand and he looks up.

"Just kiss her okay? I love you and I know you love me, it's fine, just do it." Thomas says, as hard as it was.

Claire gets filled with joy at that statement, her plan had worked. She moves closer to Newt getting ready to kiss Him.

"No. I will not kiss her. I will not cheat, I will not kiss someone I don't love." Newt says squeezing Thomas's hand.

The fact Newt would do that hurts Thomas's heart, it makes him wish he would've pushed a little harder to get Ethan off.

Claire scoffs, "fine, then you have to answer the truth."

Newt squeezes Thomas's hand tighter, "better then kissing you."

Thomas and newt keep a long stare for awhile before Newt starts talking again.

"Me and Thomas technically aren't brothers. My mom and his dad are dating, we aren't blood related whatsoever. You may all judge us, tell us it's wrong, but that's not gonna change how we feel about each other. I love him. That's the truth." Newt says before standing up and walking away to get a drink. A strong one.

Thomas sits and looks at everyone's face. They all looked shocked. Claire looks shocked he just said that but immediately covers it with a angry look. Thomas looks at his friends and they all look away. Maya mouths a "I'm sorry" but then she looks away too. It's like they are all embarrassed to look at him. The only one who catches his eye is Minho. He is staring right at him. He looks disappointed. Thomas doesn't know whether it's because he's technically dating his brother, or that he didn't tell him, but either way he's disappointed in Thomas. The thought makes Thomas look away.

All he wanted to do was find Newt and leave. So he got up leaving that horribly gone wrong game of truth or dare.

Thomas finds Newt at the bar. He doesn't know how many drink he has had by then but he guesses a lot because Newt can't speak a sentence, or stand by myself.

Thomas sighs, "let's go." He grabs Newt and walking him to his car putting him in the front seat.

On the short drive home Newt had managed to ask like a million questions and tell Thomas he loves him a million times.

"I love you Tommy." Newt mumbles again as Thomas attempts to make it to their bedroom without waking up their parents.

Thomas just nods as he sets Newt on the bed.

He takes off Newts pants jacket and shirt, before taking off his.

"Woah Tommy, are we like, doing the nasty?" Newt asks.

Thomas blushes and shakes his head, "no we are going to sleep."

"Oh." Newt nods.

They get under the blankets and cuddle into each other, the events of tonight flooding Thomas's mind, Newt to drunk to even recall anything.

"Why didn't you try harder?" Newt mumbles, closing his eyes.

"For what?" Thomas asks.

"To get Ethan off of you."

By the time Thomas thinks of a response it's too late, Newt is fast asleep and Thomas soon follows his actions; crying himself into a deep slumber.