14. Twin Brawl

"So want to tell me why we came all the way out here?"

Bugs lay silently next to his girlfriend Malia, both of them fitting perfectly in the bed of Thumper. Both teenagers laid perfectly next to one another, Bugs arm around Malia neck as she layer across his chest. It was around midnight, the weather was nearing spring break so it was considerably growing hotter which made for a perfect night to just sit and watch the stars. The couple had been in bed for hours before hand, their legs wrapped around one another's as they watched mindless tv when Malia got the fabulous idea to just leave.

Bugs had no problem, throwing some pillows and a few light blankets into his backseat, they had stopped at the nearest gas station and proceeded to drive out into the preserve. Bugs hadn't minded letting Malia guide the way, she knew the woods like the back of her hand which also meant she knew the best parts around.

She had in fact led him right towards a cliff where he had parked the car in reverse and they were able to watch the towns lights while also able to count all the stars in the galaxy. Bugs had never seen anything so mesmerizing and he had a feeling there was a story behind it.

"When I was a coyote I would come here all the time, and spend hours just staring at the town. I don't know why... I guess I always kind of knew where I actually belonged. This was my favorite place to come, I always just came here at night and watched night life. Not many animals followed me up here and I never understood why but I didn't care, this was my spot. I don't even know why I brought you out here, maybe it's a thank you for sticking with me after all the times I killed you. I know it must be frustrating trying to teach me how to be a human but I'm happy you've stuck with me. Thank you Bugs." Malia's soft voice explained, her breath fanning the grey t-shirt Bugs wore.