second appointment

Dear Blake,

A week ago, Chase booked for my second appointment for me. I'm glad that he did. With my parents' and brother's not knowing about this preganancy, I couldn't do anything for the baby. Luckily, Chase willing to helped me.

Last night, I broke my piggy bank and collected the money to repay Chase for today's appointment and last month's. That money was my savings for university. But I knew, this baby is my priority now. After he or she borns, I will search for a job while finishing my studies. Then, I'll save up for university.

So, enough with the financial matter, I'm going to write about today's appontment.

Again, Chase accompanied me and we met Doctor Jade Martins who checked up on me on my previous appointment.

"Please lay down, Eve." We were calling each other with first name basis because of how close Jade with Fierce's family.

I laid down on the bed and a nurse lifted my shirt up to exposed my belly. She put something oily and muttered ready to Jade. Jade on the other hand was wearing a rubber gloves holding something like a 'wand' and rubbed it against my belly.

"You're entering the second trimester of pregnancy -- months four, five and six. We can look here--" she motioned her free hand to the TV monitor beside me, "--that your baby's fingers and toes are well-defined. Its eyelids, eyebrows, eyelashes, nails, and hair are formed, and teeth and bones are becoming denser. Your baby can even suck his or her thumb, yawn, stretch, and make faces.

The nervous system is starting to function at this point in pregnancy. The reproductive organs and genitalia are now fully developed. Your baby's heartbeat may now be audible through an instrument called a doppler.

By the end of the fourth month, your baby is about six inches and four ounches."

I nodded.

"Do you want to know it's gender?" Do I want to know?

"Sure. I would like to."

"Here--" She pointed the TV monitor's screen on a certain part of the baby and continued, "is the pênìs and scrotum. This should be accurate with our modern equipment." She removed her rubber gloves and the previous nurse came with a wet towel and took her gloves with her. Jade rubbed cleanly my belly from the oily thing and put my shirt down. She helped me got up from the bed and we sat down on her desk.

I was dumbfounded at what I just saw.

A boy. It's a boy.

"So, like our previous appointment, your baby is healthy and please, eat properly even though your first trimester was over." She reminded me and wrote something on her paper. "Hannah, please print out the ultrasound picture."

Hannah -- the nurse -- rushed to Jade's desk and put a brown envelope on the table. "Here."

Jade stood up and offered me her hand to shake,"Today's appointment is over. See you next month." She handed me the brown envelope and I shook her hand.

"Thanks."

Chase was surrounded by pregnant women when I came out from Jade's office. One of them pinched his cheeks and flirted with him. I chuckled.

"Come on, Chase."

After my appointment, I kept thinking of our baby's name. Any idea?

Love,

Eve.

***

source : google.com

i do not own the picture.

not edited

feel free to point out all the mistakes

instagram klayreigh