parents

Dear Blake,

I told them.

Finally, I told my parents. Like I said in my previous letters, I was and am afraid and at the end, I couldn't do this on my own. I knew at some point, whether my parents like it or not, they should have known from the start. Hiding this baby from them wouldn't give justice to them as it's biological grandparents. And I hope at some point I can walk down the street, knock to your house and tell it to your parents too.

One at a time, I tell myself.

It was Sunday afternoon, my family and I just got home from the church. I wasn't a very much religious person, but it felt so good to know that somebody that would never judge you and still accept you was listening to your all of your whining. We were sitting all together in the living room where we watched our favorite tv series. I was sitting next to Alex. He didn't even know that I would break the news that time to our parents. I held his hand tight as I controlled my breathings. He must had knew something was up so he ran his thumb up and down.

When there was a break, I lowered the volume and turned to my parents. With so much courage I told them. They were shocked. Like didn't expect this to come to them. My mom sat there and tears started to fall uncontrollably. She kept on shaking her head as if this was just a dream. My dad? He took it very hard. He flipped our table upside down until it broke into two. Alex tried to hold him close to him, afraid that he might do something wrong. I couldn't do anything. I sat there and kept on playing with my fingers. Everything was crushing down to me, telling them the news wouldn't make any difference.

When my parents calmed down, they asked me questions that I already prepared to answer. When my dad knew it was you, he stood up from the sofa and ran out from the house to yours. He wanted to confront you and your family. His mind wasn't thinking straight. Alex held him though. He also didn't want to make a commotion in the neighborhood. It would only made things worse and people would eventually asking questions and they would know.

It's been a week since I told them. And they never talked to me until now. Well, my mom once went to my room and just lied down with me. She hugged me from behind and held me close to her. Her hand touched the bump and she cried again. After that we fell asleep. When I woke up, she wasn't there.

Love,
Eve

***

not edited
feel free to point out all the mistakes

instagram klayreigh