Chapter 10 Shiver River

Shiver River
It was morning. Velma, Robby, Fevy, Jonath, and Kyle were already awake and they were hanging out. Velma was boring Kyle to death with facts just because he said something about the sky changing colors. Jonath was teaching Robby and Fevy how to catch fish. Fevy was great at it but Robby.......not so much. "Ugh! This is so stupid hard, bro!" Said Robby. "Not weewy just beweeve that youn tan do it, Wobby." Said Fevy. "That's the spirit, Fevy!" Said Jonath congratulating Fevy. "......And that's why the sky changes colors, Kyle!" Said Velma finishing her boring speech. "(Snore) (snore) (snort) k...huh,,,,da...bu...ga...w....whaa?" Kyle said just waking up. Robby turned around and said "Dang, Girl! By the time you finished that speech, the sky is already blue and no longer changing colors!" "Hmph!" Said Velma looking away. "Yawn! That was an amazing sleep!" Said Ronda feeling well rested. "Mornin' y'all! How'd ye sleep?" Aron said feeling well rested as well. "Pretty good, bro!" Said Robby. "Mister Jonath is teaching us how to to catch weawy big fish!" Said Fevy pridefully looking at his fairly large pile of big, tender, delicious, and fat juvenile Coelacanths. "Nice! And how are you at it?" Asked Ronda. "Oh I'm awesome at my new fishying expiewience!" Said Fevy "I stink at it as much as a pile of ankylosaurus dung and brachiosaurus dung combined, kuh." Said Robby looking disappointedly at his pile which only had a half eaten small fry and an extremely skinny and bony coelacanth corpse. "Where's Cap DB?" Asked Jonath. "Oh, he's still asleep so let him sleep for as long as he wants. He didn't go to bed until really late." Said Ronda. "Well.......do...uh...do you....want....any....breakf...(thud) (snore) (snore). Said Kyle as he suddenly fell asleep. "Well, don't wake Kyle either." Said Ronda. It was about two and a half hours later and Cap DB has just waken up. And then about twenty five minutes later, Kyle drowsily woke up. The Utah-Group soon was on their way. They were traveling and traveling and before they knew it, it was the next day and they were still traveling, but of coarse they stopped and rested, until they stopped at a very large river with a very, very, very, very strong current. Velma stretched her tail and dipped it in the river and jumped back and yelled "Cold! cold, cold, icy, freezing cold!!!!!" Jonath ran up to her and caught her before she fell into it after she bumped into a tree stump and almost fell into the water. "Th...thanks!" Velma said about to pass out. "So how are we going to get across between the super strong river, and the Ice Age water?" Asked Kyle. "By Jove I've got it! I can carry the smaller members across the river and the bigger members can stay back and knock that really big fat tree there and use it as a bridge." Said Cap DB. "Wow that's a gwate idea!" Said Fevy. So the group went with Cap DB's plan and it worked! The only problem was that Cap DB got his wing really wet and so he couldn't fly until it dried. >>> Scientists believe that much like certain birds and other flying animals of today, pterosaurs couldn't get their wings wet because of the extremely super thin membrane of skin that is their wing. Even if it's a small tiny spill of water, it will still weigh down the pterosaur's wing. The pterosaur's wing has to have the exact equal weight on both wings. If one wing weighs more than the other, the pterosaur will be thrown off balance. And the weight of the water on the pterosaur's wings is most likely to break the very fragile tip of the wing bone.<<< So the group started traveling and soon entered the hot and very sunny desert.