Chapter One | Voice

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESVOICECHAPTER I

VOICE
CHAPTER I

It was that day where one faint voice changed one man's eyes

It has been days she's been wandering around titan territory outside Wall Rose. It's her duty, an obligation to be outside the safety of these walls. Her appearance goes unwashed after escaping from death a few days ago. She strolls onto an unknown pathway until stopping in the middle of a round field deep inside a forest. She feels it coming, unable to stay conscious. 'Someone help me.'

______

"Levi. Is there something wrong?" Erwin spoke firmly from his white horse. The Survey Corps were in titan territory inside the edges of a large forest outside the walls of Wall Rose. This was officially the 58th Expedition after Eren was able to use his titan powers to seal up Wall Rose and find a way to defeat the titans without sacrificing more soldiers. Despite Erwin losing his right arm, he wanted to attend this expedition to reach the mysterious basement and save humanity.

"Levi?" Erwin began to feel perturbed by Levi's sudden behavior. He had never seen Levi act that way before. Never had Erwin seen Levi demonstrate evident confusion through his physical actions. Even though Levi wore that all familiar steady expression, there was a spark of immense curiosity through those intense blue-steel eyes of his that will intimidate any person that ever dare defy them. Levi was fully aware of the situation the Survey Corps was currently placed in and the best option was to focus on reaching the basement first. There was no time to focus on his own interests. However, his curiosity was stopping him from continuing the mission.

"We have no time for sightseeing, Levi." Erwin impatiently sat on his white horse meanwhile he watched Levi spun his head in all directions. His stallion horse moved its strong body with every direction the Captain was staring at because of the grip Levi had on the horse reins.

"Don't you ...don't you?" After several prolonged seconds of Levi's silent response, he spoke with a slight desperate tone that did not go unnoticed by Erwin and Hanji. Levi began to proceed deeper into the forest that had never been explored by the Scouting Legion. It turned out the Scouting Legion came across this unknown forest while they headed to Shiganshina District. They had no time to go around this enormous forest. The other side of the forest stood about thirty miles away from their standing point thus explaining their current position.

"Hey, Levi where you goi-?!"

"Close that mouth of yours Hanji.... Can you hear that?" He continued to move deeper and deeper inside the forest with his full new squad following behind him at all time until they were stopped by Erwin himself. "Can you hear a faint voice up ahead?" Levi revealed his confusion meanwhile he stared onto the tranquil forest in front of him.

"I believe the death of his squad is already messing with his head." Hanji whispered to Erwin who unfortunately had to agree with her in this one. "mmm, if only Mike were here in this very moment."