Chapter Seven | Open Door

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESOPEN DOORCHAPTER VII

OPEN DOOR
CHAPTER VII

It's Enough Hiding

Levi watches her fall limp on his arms. He checks for some pulse, worried for her demise. He let's out a shaky breath after confirming Aji's state. She's alive and unconscious. It's the second time he's seen this side of hers : the moment were her forest eyes are plane white with black waves spreading from her iris.

Not only that but it's the second time he's seen her suffer from chest pain. This is no sickness as Aji confirmed that day in the dungeon. It's no family genes. It's something profound and dangerous. He assumes the chest pain may be related to the orbs he saw enter her chest two weeks ago. He wonders if she knows anything regarding the connection between the orbs and chest pain.

He rises off her before picking her off the ground bridal style. He glances at her whole body. Suprised she weighs lightly as a feather. He holds her tighter afraid the wind will blow her away from him.

As he makes his way to the premises, he notices a lack of strength. He's exhausted despite the little exertion of his muscles. An unusual sensation for him. Why is it?

Hange and Erwin appear from the front doors of the Headquarters. Levi's squad following behind them.

"I was notified by Eren. What exactly happened?" Erwin asks.

"Is she alright?" Hange butts in.

"Is she dead?!" Eren gasps.

"How you stop her?" Jean and Sasha interrupt.

"What's this box going to do anyway?" Connie questions with a perplexed look in his face.

"If you all remain in silence for this once then I could possibly respond to your questions." Levi snaps. "I think it's best if we take her to my room and discuss this in my office." He advices Erwin and Hange.

"Then let's not waste time." Hange heads to the building with Erwin next to her.

"Head straight to the infirmary and treat your wounds." Levi orders the squad.

"Yes Sir!"

"Connie, hand me the box."

"Yes Captain."

______

"Before we start discussing the events that occurred twenty minutes ago, there's a detail about Aji I discovered this morning." Hange lays a pack of papers on Levi's desk.

"Proceed." Erwin takes a seat on a chair.

"Her real age is off by one year. She's twenty-six. Not twenty-five."

"Twenty-six? How certain are you?" Levi rises from his chair. Curious by the small detail.

"Certain. I have my ways. Blood tests and other things." Hange replies. "Meaning she was raised in Wall Maria until the age of eleven not ten. After her family's death she moved to the Underground with the guy called V for nine years until he was murdered making her officially twenty at that time. She then left to Shiganshina District three months before wall Maria was breached. After that she escaped to Wall Rose for the next six years until she was found by us. That summarizes officially her general background. We still have to know exactly why her parents were murdered and who they were which will be best to question her about it if possible today."

"I have her data report right here in this folder." Erwin hands the paper to Hange so she can read it.

"Okay...she has the ability to slay titans by transporting one place to another." She glances up from her glasses. "We may all assume this might be some type of curse because of her eyes that she states she wasn't aware of because she will quickly fall unconscious." She begins perusing the paper once again. "She has the ability to appear weapons of her own as well."

"You should mention I was the only one that heard the voice. The only one that shed blood from the ears." Levi reminds.

'Right." She snaps her fingers. "Reasons we still don't know."

"Which she clarifies she had no idea about." Erwin adds.

"Of course." Levi lounges on his chair. "I have my suspicions her chest pain is related to the orbs we saw her consume."

"What makes you assume that, Levi?"

"That's the reason behind the incident just now."

"Is it related to what happen outside?"

He nods.

"What happened?" Erwin and Hange say in sync.

______

"You're indicating Eren triggered Aji's aggressiveness?" Hange furrows her brows.

"I'm certain." Levi gazes outside the window. "Those orbs have to have a connection."

"The golden symbols where explicit and clear?"

"They looked ancient." Levi recalls.

Hanji retrieves the pack of papers on Levi's desk. "These papers may be incorrect or even to the point of fallicious. We're dealing with something beyond these reports. Aji has proven to be more menacing and powerful than Eren might be." Silence fills the room until a knock interrupts the suspense.

"Enter." Levi says. Eren enters the room with his bruises long gone now. The affects of a Titan Shifter.

"Levi." Erwin says. " Have you notified Aji who's the Titan Shifter?"

"No." He shakes his head.

"What?!" Eren yells out of shock. The three superiors stare at the teenager with perplexed looks. "I thought the Captain had already told Aji about my true identity."

"Why the assumption? What did you do?" Levi leans forward placing both elbows in top of his desk.

"I didn't do anything." Eren lifts both hands, shaking them in the air claiming innocence. "It's just...she stated if I was the Titan Shifter in the morning. She said the Captain had already notified her who I was."

"What?" All three say together.

"How could she probably have known?" Levi wonders. "She had no contact with any soldier these two weeks. Nobody other than Hange, Erwin, Sasha..." He pauses.

"Sasha didn't say anything. I assure you."

"Could it be that..." Hange plays with her glasses. At that moment everyone in the room faces the open bedroom in Levi's office. They hear Aji groaning and shifting around Levi's bed.

"She's another type of Titan?"

Comment & Vote:)