Chapter Thirteen | Specter

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESCHAPTER XIII | SPECTER

CHAPTER XIII | SPECTER

The specter of enemies

Swords appeared from around her. She awaited her victim, or rather believed enemy, on top of a branch in a tall tree. She could hear the horse hooves of an entire brigade nearing the area down below. She stood in kneeling position and concealed her nose and mouth with a black cloth. The sun had began to set down in the horizon leaving shadows to protect her presence.

"I took heed to your atrocities against my kind." She tied her brown hair into a ponytail before wearing her black hood. "Sick whoreson." She clenched her teeth in distaste. Gravity began to fuse her towards the leading man galloping on a white horse in front of the entire group. All men including the leader wore green coats. She transported beside him, ready to strike.

"Enemy on sight!" A man with a five o'clock shave beard and disheveled blond hair, yelled to his leader. The man heading the group didn't have time to react as the feeling of boots knocked him out his white stallion.

"Commander!" His men yelled.

She didn't have an accurate description of the leader but that of blond hair and tall height. Also being the head group, which claims her mentor, was behind the murders of her family and people possessing the power of the Krazestones.

Both landed on the rough dirt with a hard thud. She lifted her sword and prepared to strike his broad chest. "Not when I'm up and running." A plain male voice interrupted her scheme. She turned to one of the leader's men wearing his hood over his head. She was shoved to the ground by the average five foot man. She lowered her gaze and quickly escaped from his grasp.

She grips on her majestic blade with symbols embellishing its edges. "You've got some gripping blade there." The small man remarks and draws out his long keen blade. "Like to see them penetrate your brain."

______

Today marks the second day of the Reincarnation Development, the process in which Ermoza a.k.a Aji, has sixty days to decide whether to reincarnate the titans or vanish them, and if cavet to eliminate the orbs, three forces should be found. The process seems unreal. There must be something deeper than what Hange explained to Aji, something beyond the worn out book Hange explained.

"Today's activity is..." Erwin retrieves three golden marbles from his right pocket and shows it to the entire brigade, standing in parallel lines. "...Hunter."

Aji watches few soldiers groan in annoyance, some smile in excitement meanwhile, others bite their lips in concern. She turns her attention to the golden marbles sending rays of light from the effects of the sun.