Chapter Twelve | Nightmare

HUMANITY'S CURSED EYESCHAPTER XII | NIGHTMARE

CHAPTER XII | NIGHTMARE

Wet lips and a moon to caress them

Horrifying wails of despair wakes Aji's inner senses. The echo of chains bombard her ear drums. She does her best to shield the shreaking sounds with her trembling hands to no avail.

The smell of crimson blood replaces the metallic ordor around her usual surroundings. She sees no darkness but the color of a bright red. She then feels a warm liquid sinking her legs. Blood spills onto her face. The cries don't decrease and her eyes seem to bleed. Faces of different ages and races appear in her vision. Some with no eyes. Some with no teeth, ears, mouth or flesh. A young small blonde girl around six has her mouth stiched up into a wicked smile with pieces of her eyeball melting inside as she sings a lullaby.

Aji releases a cry and curls into a tight ball. Her back is being hit by a spiky wip. Again and again the wip does its job. To rip the flesh off her slim back. The keen force is excruciating, like a hot pot were rubbing onto her back. What kind of dream is this? A distant rough voice is suddendly heard through her wails. A language she can't comprehend and never heard of before. Where is this voice coming from? Why is she dreaming of this horror? What the bloody hell is going on here?

She opens her eyes. She is soaking wet and panting tremendously. The perspiration causes all her clothes to stick to every inch of her body. She takes a quick glimpse outside the window to determine the time. It's midnight. Thankfully, no veterans occupy this room. She runs a hand through her brown hair before rising from the discomfort of wet bedsheets. She can hear the beating of her heartbeat. It was a nightmare. Simply a nightmare. A damn cursing tophet.

She snatches a pair of black shorts and a white t-shirt before letting gravity fuse her into another dimension. A quick blink and she's inside the shower stalls, scrubbing away the sweat. Washing away the anxiety. Her thoughts run like a thunderstorm. Not because of her nightmare but the unexpected desire of lust that submerged in her a few hours ago. Why all of a sudden does his touch radiate a warmth of curiosity? No speck of intimacy and care does she have for Levi. Then why did her mind and body covet for his flesh against hers?

After showering she ambles her way outside the Survey Corps premises. The moon lits its mother earth, allowing vision for her pupils. Her eyes dart everywhere for a spot to rest. A smile tugs in the corner of her moist lips after several seconds. A single blink and she's in the top floor of the Survey Corps headquarters.

"What a night." She seats down and lays her back to the brick wall. She's been in so much pain lately that it frustrates her how weak she's becoming. Ever since the Survey Corps found her she's been experiencing double the pain. She has no idea why she exist in the first place anymore. Why does she even collect orbs anyway? Oh yes. Hange has that dimwitted book. She wonders if the content of the book is professionally accurate. Does she really have the potential to reincarnate not humans but titans themselves?